• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
I don't necessarily disagree with this line of thinking either tbh. Santner was not a particularly good test spin bowler in his first run in the team, there's a little to suggest that he's bowling better in the last 12 months, but not lots of evidence. His batting is decent but at 8, his bowling is the first skill.

The two part-time finger spinners could in theory make space in the team for a riskier legspinner rather than a third finger spinner. I checked up on apex predator shark missile tiger crocodile Ish Sodhi and was pleased to see in domestic first class cricket his current state is to be too apex to run between the wickets - fitting for the king of both the jungle and the ocean tbh.
Santner still isn't a walk up start as a test spinner like Vettori was and Vettori was a better test batsman too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Like I cannot emphasize how had a reflex catch that is. Even more so from left arm over. Stunning.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That catch reminded me of the drills we used to have in my under-15 days when our coach was pis$ed asf after our loss to arch rivals Rose Hall Town Youth and Sports Club
Yeah, we had a young bloke on the slips cradle one afternoon many years ago down in Melbourne who was absolutely letting them rip. At times, the only choice was to duck because it was coming way too quick to catch.