• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbf Lewis Koumas has more won more winners medals in one appearance (and even that appearance didn't come in the comp he "won" lol) than his dad did in his entire career :ph34r:

Kind of crazy though that I can remember Koumas Snr being a young "hot prospect" like it was yesterday, and now his son is the one in that position.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf Lewis Koumas has more won more winners medals in one appearance (and even that appearance didn't come in the comp he "won" lol) than his dad did in his entire career :ph34r:

Kind of crazy though that I can remember Koumas Snr being a young "hot prospect" like it was yesterday, and now his son is the one in that position.
Comes to us all mate. Watching Archie Gray turn out for Leeds the other night, some us remembered his grandfather Frank coming onto the scene as the less talented younger brother of Eddie. Apparently young Archie has already represented England at U16 and U17 level, but you'd think that the land of his grandfather and great uncle will come calling before too long.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Comes to us all mate. Watching Archie Gray turn out for Leeds the other night, some us remembered his grandfather Frank coming onto the scene as the less talented younger brother of Eddie. Apparently young Archie has already represented England at U16 and U17 level, but you'd think that the land of his grandfather and great uncle will come calling before too long.
Ha I knew about Archie Gray from playing FM, but it hadn't occurred to me that he was related to Eddie. This is probably the most interesting thing I will learn all day.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Their old men didn't play for Tranmere by any chance...? :ph34r:

Seriously though, with a disclaimer like "I don't wanna sound disrespectful to their dads..." it was always going to be good.

As impressive as playing a quarter of a game for yer Scousers as foetuses undoubtedly is, Danns & Koumas pères were both full internationals, weren't they?
Haha, Danns sr is actually our assistant manager now. Played one season for us in his twilight years, he was okay.

Jase the Ace was something else though. Lad could have done so much more with his talent in fairness. Easily the most talented player I've seen wear the white shirt, and I include Nevin & Aldo in that.

Koumas Jr is a fully fledged TRFC fan which is nice. Hopefully he does surpass his dad but to say he has now is something else. I've seen plenty of West Brom fans spitting feathers about it too, so ain't just me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, Danns sr is actually our assistant manager now. Played one season for us in his twilight years, he was okay.

Jase the Ace was something else though. Lad could have done so much more with his talent in fairness. Easily the most talented player I've seen wear the white shirt, and I include Nevin & Aldo in that.

Koumas Jr is a fully fledged TRFC fan which is nice. Hopefully he does surpass his dad but to say he has now is something else. I've seen plenty of West Brom fans spitting feathers about it too, so ain't just me.
All three of them, eh?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If it wasn't for me permanently associating them with Warnock I might have felt a little sorry for Sheff Utd here.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
What have the Arsenal players been drinking?

Heading for double figures if they keep going like this.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In the four and a half games they've played in the Prem since the start of Feb they've scored nearly 20 goals lol. Admittedly many of these have been against absolutely garbage opposition, but still.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
In the four and a half games they've played in the Prem since the start of Feb they've scored nearly 20 goals lol. Admittedlyany of these have been against absolutely garbage opposition, but still.
I should be offended by that. But there's not a lot of arguing with it really.

Apparently Saka's been outstanding. England's probably front four (so to speak) of Saka, Kane and Foden, supported by Bellingham is quite something. Unless a couple of them get injured over the next couple of months, of course.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I should be offended by that. But there's not a lot of arguing with it really.

Apparently Saka's been outstanding. England's probably front four (so to speak) of Saka, Kane and Foden, supported by Bellingham is quite something. Unless a couple of them get injured over the next couple of months, of course.
Not to mention Rice sat in behind them, it’s a 5 really no other country can match.

Sheff Utd are awful. I honestly think my lot in League 1 would do better than this. And they certainly have a better manager.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Southgate is not gonna play them together lmfao
I don't see why not. He's been playing something like that for a while now, albeit with Grealish or Rashford when they looked better bets than Foden. The controversy, such as it is, is who plays alongside Rice, and whether we go for the double pivot or something more exotic.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
What have the Arsenal players been drinking?

Heading for double figures if they keep going like this.
Picked up some great rhythm with this run of games and been very fortunate both with injuries and fixtures. They will be annoyed about the 2 week break between the Porto and City games because that could seriously derail their momentum.

It would be rather funny though if they still didn't win the league despite having the best attack, defence and goal difference. Would never hear the end of it from their fans.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
I think I've narrowed down Player of the Season to three, depending on who wins the league:

City - Foden
Arsenal - Rice
Liverpool - Van Dijk

Any player that gets it from one of those sides that isn't one of those three will be a farce.

Niall

International Coach
I think I've narrowed down Player of the Season to three, depending on who wins the league:

City - Foden
Arsenal - Rice
Liverpool - Van Dijk

Any player that gets it from one of those sides that isn't one of those three will be a farce.
Rodri betting fav at the moment I think.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Rodri betting fav at the moment I think.
Only other guy I considered but his suspension hurt City earlier in the season and they've been suspect defensively which is a huge part of his role.

Obviously he's a crucial player and they're a different team without him, I just think Foden has been the main guy this time around. Scored crucial goals and carried their attack through that period when Haaland and KDB were out.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Only other guy I considered but his suspension hurt City earlier in the season and they've been suspect defensively which is a huge part of his role.

Obviously he's a crucial player and they're a different team without him, I just think Foden has been the main guy this time around. Scored crucial goals and carried their attack through that period when Haaland and KDB were out.
Wouldn't disagree with your thoughts. Although, if City do go on to win trophies, suspect it will be KDB that drives them to it. Him missing 3 months and coming back fresh is now a big bonus. But Foden has been quality all season.