• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Like, I thought he was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and not an utter ****. I was wrong, very, very wrong.
Given what had happened throughout his entire playing career, why would anyone think he wasn't going to be an utter ****?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The thing is though, when Broad talks he sounds like an actual human being. This alone immediately makes him refreshing when compared to the usual pundit bots that invariably churn out the same old inane drivel and platitudes. Granted this may change with time, he could get worn down by the general grind of it all and institutional pressures etc. But still.
If he does football punditry he doesn't have to tread the line of not upsetting his mates, which is one of the reasons Gary Neville was never overly critical of Solksjaer.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look Var is awful for all sorts of reasons, mainly and for not being able to celebrate goals properly, but one argument that ****s me off is that linos lived in a perpetual giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team beforehand, it's complete bollocks, the opposite was true IMHO, they erred on theless controversial side, and still do in lower divisions.

So anyway that Ollie Watkins is a bit good...

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
Nunez repaying that transfer fee too... what an important goal and right at the death.

I'm not confident about this upcoming City game, TAA and Alisson I think we can live without, but Jota and Jones are serious misses. Provided Salah is available I'll still back us to get something out of the game.

Not too bothered what happens in Prague, priority needs to be conserving energy for next weekend.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Result flattered United tbh.
27 shots to 3 summed it up. If Haaland hadn't had an off day it could've been embarrassing.

Nunez repaying that transfer fee too... what an important goal and right at the death.

I'm not confident about this upcoming City game, TAA and Alisson I think we can live without, but Jota and Jones are serious misses. Provided Salah is available I'll still back us to get something out of the game.

Not too bothered what happens in Prague, priority needs to be conserving energy for next weekend.
On current form, you'd think the Liverpool luck has to run out sooner or later. If they can avoid defeat next week it would be an achievement. But given most will be travelling back from Prague a day after City will have played half the reserves against Copenhagen, it's going to be difficult.

Niall

International Coach
27 shots to 3 summed it up. If Haaland hadn't had an off day it could've been embarrassing.

On current form, you'd think the Liverpool luck has to run out sooner or later. If they can avoid defeat next week it would be an achievement. But given most will be travelling back from Prague a day after City will have played half the reserves against Copenhagen, it's going to be difficult.
Liverpool surely send their reserves to Prague?

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Liverpool surely send their reserves to Prague?
How can they? They've got so many injuries that they've got to send players who will likely be playing against City too, even if they put them on the bench. Judged by the way Southampton ripped open the reserves on Wednesday (really could've been 3 up), Prague would fancy their chances.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
How can they? They've got so many injuries that they've got to send players who will likely be playing against City too, even if they put them on the bench. Judged by the way Southampton ripped open the reserves on Wednesday (really could've been 3 up), Prague would fancy their chances.
Our squad depth is better than anyone else's, that's how we'll do it. Couldn't care less if we lose to Prague, we'll smash them back at Anfield. I wouldn't even be taking Diaz, Nunez, Macca, Endo, Salah to Prague, I think we can beat them without the big names.

I expect something like this for City:
Kellaher
Bradley Konate VVD Robertson
Szobo Endo Macca
Salah Nunez Diaz

For the game against Prague:
Kellaher
Gomez Quansah VVD Tsimikas
Elliott McConnell Clark
Gakpo Danns Gordon

Konate/VVD may have to split the Prague game with 45min each. Interesting to see how we use Gomez, hopefully its not as a CDM.

Last edited:

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain

After watching the Manchester derby, I'm relatively confident City's form isn't much better haha they're very beatable.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
After watching the Manchester derby, I'm relatively confident City's form isn't much better haha they're very beatable.
They literally had 27 attempts to 3 against Man Utd. Wasn't like they got played off the park by a Championship side for 40 mins, or needed a ref and a 99th min winner to beat Forest, or even needed Chelsea to miss a hatful of sitters in a League Cup Final.

I know which team is in better form and which one is relying on a lot of luck to assist them on the Klopp Farewell Tour.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
They literally had 27 attempts to 3 against Man Utd. Wasn't like they got played off the park by a Championship side for 40 mins, or needed a ref and a 99th min winner to beat Forest, or even needed Chelsea to miss a hatful of sitters in a League Cup Final.

I know which team is in better form and which one is relying on a lot of luck to assist them on the Klopp Farewell Tour.
Can only beat what's in front of you . We've been massacred by an unprecedent amount of injuries to first team players, which explains the less than convincing results.

The lack of respect to Kellaher and our defence in this post is wild.

Chelsea should have beaten City, United had their chances too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Here’s the worst take I’ve heard in a while

Their old men didn't play for Tranmere by any chance...? :ph34r:

Seriously though, with a disclaimer like "I don't wanna sound disrespectful to their dads..." it was always going to be good.

As impressive as playing a quarter of a game for yer Scousers as foetuses undoubtedly is, Danns & Koumas pères were both full internationals, weren't they?