• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm now actually kind of convinced this was a technical thing all along and not necessarily mental at its root because he looks confident now, moving into the line of the ball and capitalising on opportunities, but he still can't really play that shot properly.
Yeah he's all top hand.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Gotta say. If I'm Pat Cummins and taking off my captains' hat, I can't wait to bowl on this thing. A lot of splices and gloves will get hit with that surprise extra bounce if it's behaving like this with a 55 over old ball
Basin can really flatten out though, it's the classic seamy road that just gets progressively better to bat on.

Another reason why scoring so slowly was a bit strange. If Australia make a good score it might happen just in time for the pitch to be flat af when NZ bat.

Spark

Global Moderator
Basin can really flatten out though, it's the classic seamy road that just gets progressively better to bat on.

Another reason why scoring so slowly was a bit strange. If Australia make a good score it might happen just in time for the pitch to be flat af when NZ bat.
This doesn't feel like what you expect from an NZ seamy road though? If anything this feels more like an SA deck where it's so soft on the first day that it doesn't "flatten" out because it is not (physically) flat in the first place, as Burgey notes

Even that ball from the first ball of the over there. That's just hit a random spot on the pitch and jagged an absolute mile.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah look if folks are saying this is a road they're a bit misguided imo. Bit going on.