• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marsh playing a genuine back foot cover drive like that is, I think, a sign that his game may have evolved a bit and not just his attitude. That's a high class shot which is hard to play. Obviously still not sold on his defensive game at all.

Aus batting order just looks clunky. Like it's almost an accident if they make a good score Labushagne is the main worry tbh, given where he bats. But agree with the post earlier saying Head's spot has to be seriously under question rn. Not especially worried about Smith from a medium term pov - he's still making starts all the time. Not converting them shits me but players go through that. Marnus though, just looks completely clueless.

Spark

Global Moderator
Marsh playing a genuine back foot cover drive like that is, I think, a sign that his game may have evolved a bit and not just his attitude. That's a high class shot which is hard to play. Obviously still not sold on his defensive game at all.

Aus batting order just looks clunky. Like it's almost an accident if they make a good score Labushagne is the main worry tbh, given where he bats. But agree with the post earlier saying Head's spot has to be seriously under question rn. Not especially worried about Smith from a medium term pov - he's still making starts all the time. Not converting them ****s me but players go through that. Marnus though, just looks completely clueless.
I don't think it's a great sign that, Smith aside on his good days, there's no one who bats at what you would consider a "good" tempo. It's either really docile and cautious - Khawaja and current Marnus, who is somehow immune to shotmaking right now - or incredibly aggressive like Head or Marsh, or a mixture of both in Green. There's a real absence of that happy medium which is the truly sustainable method of Test batsmanship long term.

Burgey

This bloke doing the totally spontaneous and not at all scripted interviews with people at the ground is the NZ version of an FM radio zany guy, isn't he? Good to see they're punishing everywhere in the world and not just here

Spark

Global Moderator
I think a lot of Green's issues might actually be to do with how he plays that shot there. He needs to be hitting that through square midwicket or even square leg, not wide mid on. That's probably also why he struggles to rotate the strike.

Burgey

I don't think it's a great sign that, Smith aside on his good days, there's no one who bats at what you would consider a "good" tempo. It's either really docile and cautious - Khawaja and current Marnus, who is somehow immune to shotmaking right now - or incredibly aggressive like Head or Marsh, or a mixture of both in Green. There's a real absence of that happy medium which is the truly sustainable method of Test batsmanship long term.
Nah, we're saving test cricket.

thierry henry

International Coach
This bloke doing the totally spontaneous and not at all scripted interviews with people at the ground is the NZ version of an FM radio zany guy, isn't he? Good to see they're punishing everywhere in the world and not just here
Yes and he did one with my group before and everyone on CW pretended it wasn’t televised 😡

Burgey

Scorecard has the look of a deck that you're never in on, save for Marsh who just hits through it and dgaf. Looks like a few are holding up. NZ's day so far for sure, but some good back and forth that session.

Spark

Global Moderator
Scorecard has the look of a deck that you're never in on, save for Marsh who just hits through it and dgaf. Looks like a few are holding up. NZ's day so far for sure, but some good back and forth that session.
Looks very tennis ball-y bounce, not a fast deck by any stretch but every now and then one or two will just leap a little from nowhere

Athlai

Not Terrible
We're going to need to rely on spin to catch up the overrate, so unless we strike in the first 5 overs after tea I reckon Australia cruise to 140/1 in the 3rd session