• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would 80s WI and 2000s Australia fare in unbeatable current India?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The idea that this India team would be easily whitewashed 5-0 at home is ridiculous. No idea why people are saying Ashwin and Jadeja are worse than Ian Salisbury and Chris Schofield and that Kohli and Pant are worse batsmen than Rajendra Chandrika. I always knew WI fans were delusional but this is next level.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The idea that this India team would be easily whitewashed 5-0 at home is ridiculous. No idea why people are saying Ashwin and Jadeja are worse than Ian Salisbury and Chris Schofield and that Kohli and Pant are worse batsmen than Rajendra Chandrika. I always knew WI fans were delusional but this is next level.
the 3 most competitive teams in the last 5-10 years here have all brought spinners of varying repute to have a chance but nostalgic Bobs here thinks that’s for pussies and the too alpha to play a spinner West Indies will win with 4 pacers bowling continuously

subshakerz

International Coach
and then the 2000 Australia that couldnt even beat a beatable India in 2001 will somehow now win against the unbeatable, better version

make it make sense
Harbi bowled at a level better than even Ashwin/Jadeja in the 2001 series to barely beat the Aussies .

Aussies still beat them in 2004/5.

kyear2

International Coach
No one said anything about being black washed.

But to state that the two greatest dynasties in history would be fodder is a bit far the other direction.

kyear2

International Coach
I don't know why kyear2 and subshakerz are saying this Indian team is worse than 2000s bangladesh and Bumrah is a trundler who'd go for 7 rpo if he had to bowl to Larry Gomes. Very weird.
I must assume you're trolling, because I never said anything of the sort.

I don't have a clue who would win. That's the difference between us I guess.

Slifer

International Captain
Who said this?

Xix2565

International Regular
Any opinion other than a dominant series win for India vs these two at home should be grounds for medical intervention and hospitalization.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Asking 80s windies or 2000s Aussies to win against current India is like asking a fish to climb a tree. They don't have the goods to win on these spinning pitches.

May be Australia with Warne have a much better chance though he has failed earlier. But windies with 4 pacers in the tests in India will get smashed 4-0 with Viv or the other great batsmen salvaging a draw.