• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

danzydab

U19 Debutant
a lot of disrespect being thrown around here just because India have lost the last 5 sessions of the series. They're still very much in the game and some big runs are due 4th innings
its not disrepect, but this pitch will be an unplayable minefield in the 4th innings, india's chances are very small despite this mini comeback from kuldeep and jurel

Arachnodouche

International Captain
this guy doesn’t have a first class four fer until today. The problem wjtb these decks sometimes is that it makes rando guys into world beaters.
At least proves how little stroke this team mgmt has with local curators. Though I'm more inclined to believe they didn't even reach out to the Ranchi crew with clear directions on what they wanted.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit is good in odis and t20s tbh but he has a bad tendency to freeze when pressure is on and let matches go by him
His captaincy was appalling in the WC finals and I honestly dont remember any game even in white ball cricket where I felt he is the reason we won. The closest I remember is the famous Nidahas Trophy but even then, it seemed to be a bad move to hold DK back while letting 3D bat above him.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Nah, even a 75-run lead (which really is the near-impossible ceiling for what's left of Indian batting i.e. the two guys at the crease) will give every prick in that England side full license to come out swinging and gloat insufferably in the aftermath. And I don't believe this Indian setup has the mongrel to fight back under the pump. Shastri made some keen observations in the morning yesterday on how flat everyone looked, even the younger lot seemed half asleep. We were all a bit lost while he was coach as to what exactly his role was in that dressing room (until the dustup of that series in Aus), but he must have had a spidey sense about these more intangible aspects of performance that Dravid and Rohit patently lack.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Based

"It's not just 'oh, I fancy it', a careless un-thought-out decision in a split second. You're looking at how it's going to really affect the scenario of the game.

"People will look at this dismissal and think it was arrogant or stupid, but I'm trying to play how I think is the best way to score runs against a very good team.

"I didn't execute it well enough on that occasion. That's how it goes sometimes. I could have dragged on trying to drive through extra cover and it wouldn't have been a media storm, would it?"

Socerer 01

International Captain
His captaincy was appalling in the WC finals and I honestly dont remember any game even in white ball cricket where I felt he is the reason we won. The closest I remember is the famous Nidahas Trophy but even then, it seemed to be a bad move to hold DK back while letting 3D bat above him.
nah he’s had jamodis where he did well and also did well in group stages imo, its not that easy to standout as a captain when you have players of high quality tbf

agree that he royally **** the bed in the final which tarnishes everything before

slowfinger

International Debutant
Sharma has a good cool head on him, just not very innovative, so if plan A doesn't go to plan he finds it very difficult to adapt to another plan

that's how I see it anyway. Aus took him to the swrod in the WC final and he froze. Same is happening here for Eng