• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
england would've loved to have batters like pujara and rahane back in the team
Rahane yes, pujara no. Think he'd be a major upgrade on someone like Patidar. These slow low turners are ideal conditions for a huge Chepu ton. Guy's been piling on the runs in ranji unlike rahane too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We know patidar s **** now. Make the call ffs.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Rahane yes, pujara no. Think he'd be a major upgrade on someone like Patidar. These slow low turners are ideal conditions for a huge Chepu ton. Guy's been piling on the runs in ranji unlike rahane too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We know patidar s **** now. Make the call ffs.
he hasnt been pilling on runs, his best scores have been against the weaker sides and his returns against bigger sides have been more modest

besides we’ve already been at this point with him the last time he was recalled because his replacement sucked and he filled the boots with runs, it was the same story internationally where he failed to translate the form

give Padikkal the debut instead imo, he has 100s against strong teams like Punjab and Tamil Nadu and a 100 against the Lions team plus is young

slowfinger

International Debutant
a lot of disrespect being thrown around here just because India have lost the last 5 sessions of the series. They're still very much in the game and some big runs are due 4th innings

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
a lot of disrespect being thrown around here just because India have lost the last 5 sessions of the series. They're still very much in the game and some big runs are due 4th innings
Correct. The tail could wag tomorrow and if they get close to our score they have every chance of winning. Especially if we start our 2nd innings the way we started the 1st.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwin’s form with the ball is quite worrisome.
He has had a rough time personally. Much like Cummins, think that must have had an impact. He was getting good at Vizag and bowled well for 5 overs before trying too much at Rajkot 1st innings. Hope he can relax and find his best form soon. Rohit not giving him the new ball, at least in the second innings is also worrying.

Niall

International Coach
[/QUOTE]
Dravid's stint as coach has made his overall, holistic stock plummet in my eyes. Stubborn, unimaginative, and low-energy. Go away already.
If they don't win the series just bin him.

What has he achieved in any format to retain him?

He can take his beloved Patidar with him also.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I made these points about Rohit and Dravid back i 2020 when everyone was gunning to have Virat removed as captain. And everyone was convinced Rohit was a good captain based on nothing more than IPL and the odd series when the big guns rested and he led.

To be fair to him, he does seem to be a good leader of men but the tactical part is something he seems hopelessly bad at. :( Hope he can prove me wrong this test with whatever is left of it.

EDIT - While Patidar has looked bad, you guys wrote how he looked good in Vizag in this very thread. He also made it on the back of big runs in Ranji as well as A cricket along with some good shows in the IPL. I do think the IPL is a good metric to understand if a player can produce the performances required when put in the limelight. While he has sucked (a lot more than I thought, and I was never gonna drop say Shreyas for him overall), I dont think that is a selection issue. Selecing him for this test though, that was terribad.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I made these points about Rohit and Dravid back i 2020 when everyone was gunning to have Virat removed as captain. And everyone was convinced Rohit was a good captain based on nothing more than IPL and the odd series when the big guns rested and he led.

To be fair to him, he does seem to be a good leader of men but the tactical part is something he seems hopelessly bad at. :( Hope he can prove me wrong this test with whatever is left of it.
Rohit is good in odis and t20s tbh but he has a bad tendency to freeze when pressure is on and let matches go by him

no clue why he got test captaincy tbh