• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don’t think so as I know a guy who bats in keeper’s pads with no thigh guard, gloves or helmet and has done for years in all types of competitions
Afaik helmets have been compulsory against seam bowlers since 2014 in most proper competitions in civilised Australia

So yeah it may have missed Queensland

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Afaik helmets have been compulsory against seam bowlers since 2014 in most proper competitions in civilised Australia

2014? Was only since the 18/19 or 19/20 season here (I think the latter but don't quite remember). I batted without one, which in hindsight was a stupid thing to do.

TheJediBrah

2014? Was only since the 18/19 or 19/20 season here (I think the latter but don't quite remember). I batted without one, which in hindsight was a stupid thing to do.
I used to open the batting in local cricket, occasional against 130k-ish bowling, without a helmet purely because I thought it was alpha. Used to walk at the bowlers thinking I was Matt Hayden too. Pretty dumb in hindsight but I honestly think it put some bowlers off their game

Jarquis

I used to open the batting in local cricket, occasional against 130k-ish bowling, without a helmet purely because I thought it was alpha. Used to walk at the bowlers thinking I was Matt Hayden too. Pretty dumb in hindsight but I honestly think it put some bowlers off their game
Played a decent level then?

TheJediBrah

Then I’d be surprised if blokes are rocking around clocking 130
Not every team had one back in that comp. It was about 10 years ago now but I remember who the quicker blokes were, a couple visiting poms and a couple local journeymen. Most of the overseas first-class cricketers were Sri Lankan or Pakistani and they tended to be batsmen and/or spin bowlers.

I made a 6-ball duck against a pom quick 1 game. Pretty embarassing tbh. Charged him twice for a block and a wrap on the pad, then got bowled last ball of the over trying to cut a good length ball on off-stump. Not enough to make up for all the times I've embrassed English posters on these forums though

social

Vets cricket (over 40s) has only been officially affiliated with cricket associations for a couple of years Australia wide & majority of players ignored helmet rules after that point anyway

Sub-districts play at a local park & it’s maybe 50/50

Pretty stupid but games would never be completed if they tried to enforce it as many object

Chubb

International Regular
Helmets aren't compulsory in the VTCA - I bat in a cap in my grade and when I've filled in for the 2s - but they are advisable in higher grades.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Always reminds me of this scorecard......

Not sure what was going on in 2007, there were 2 scores over 800 and 2 over 700 in Div 2 that Summer.
Ian Harvey the goat rocking up there. Has 3 t20 hundreds, and a few years ago was one of the few t20 middle order bars who both averaged 30 and struck at 150+ ( bit more common now).

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Always reminds me of this scorecard......

Not sure what was going on in 2007, there were 2 scores over 800 and 2 over 700 in Div 2 that Summer.
The two over 700 were in the same match (Essex 700-9d v Notts 791). Notts, Derbyshire, Somerset (850-7) and Worcs (701-6) all set county records that season.