• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously, why is this a bad thing? Yes, media should find ways to generate public interest in a match. Sometimes that involves running stories about things people will be interested in.
What I have an issue with is the yellow journalism...twisting words to make a headline.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These news headlines are sensationalism at its best.

I ****ing hate it. The unveiling of the pitch a few days prior to the start of the test. We don't have that **** over here in the West Indies.
The ridiculous thing about this, no matter where it happens, is pitches very rarely, if ever, look the same way on match day as they do three or four days out

danzydab

U19 Debutant
Batting first gives the best chance of winning for england, if they bowl first it is very difficult for them to come back considering the massive difference in the quality of english and indian bowlers

JavaHurricane

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Stupid selection... Again. Should've handed Atkinson a debut to go with Robinson. Two RFM pacers here, not sure I buy that call.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Highs in the low teens seems still pretty damn cold to me (though more hospitable for the English than India). Fair bit of rain forecast too.
Positively balmy for northern English county cricket fans thinking about the start of the county championship in about 6 weeks!