• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Have people seen the weather in Dharamsala and forecast for next few weeks?

This next test could decide whether the series is a draw or India win. Don't think we see any play there.

Highs of 6 degrees forecast and loads of snow.

Dharamsala - BBC Weather
They have to stop obsessing with Dharmshala so much. Yeah beautiful stadium, give them a couple of t20s in a year. No need to give high profile tests and world cup games. It's just not a hospitable location. It's like England.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I think it will be Bumrah with KL as his deputy. And filling in whenever Bumrah is workload managed.

****ing accident of Pant just screwed up so much. I am happy he is ok after such a horrific accident but cant help but think what might have been had he just let a driver drive him that late in the night. :(
We may well have been world cup champs for one...

Molehill

International Captain
I think it will be Bumrah with KL as his deputy. And filling in whenever Bumrah is workload managed.
May as well get his breaks in now then, won't be getting them when he's skipper. Seems to work ok for Cummins though...although he had the option of skipping the IPL which Bumrah obviously won't.

JavaHurricane

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Have people seen the weather in Dharamsala and forecast for next few weeks?

This next test could decide whether the series is a draw or India win. Don't think we see any play there.

Highs of 6 degrees forecast and loads of snow.
Interesting, because the IMD's recorded data and predictions (which are backed by the weather models) predict lows in the single digits and high of around 20. Though the rain forecast is not promising for the following week.

Father Time

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bet the fifth test gets moved at the last minute, just like last year! Pitch at Ranchi looks ominous from various media observations.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it’s more of an advantage to win the toss on pitches that start flat and deteriorate.

Even that is often countered by assistance in the morning session, but if you get through that you get the upper hand.

Don’t really want a turner now that could bring England’s spinners into play.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These news headlines are sensationalism at its best.

I ****ing hate it. The unveiling of the pitch a few days prior to the start of the test. We don't have that **** over here in the West Indies.

Spark

Global Moderator
These news headlines are sensationalism at its best.

I ****ing hate it. The unveiling of the pitch a few days prior to the start of the test. We don't have that **** over here in the West Indies.
Sounds like a pretty good way to build interest for an upcoming match to me. Maybe they should start.