• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

R!TTER

State Regular
More than the pitch it's the conditions, Ranchi is stupidly hot. Easily the hottest venue in this series, they have coal mines nearby FFS & one of the oldest coal fires as well IIRC in Jharia? Even Umesh & Jadeja ran out of steam on the last day vs Oz back in 2017 - it's probably going to be slightly cooler now but still really hot in the sun.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Ollie Pope saying Stokes could bowl in this test.

If true, we'll go with 1 seamer, probably Robinson, with Stokes, 3 spinners and Root.

So it'll be
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Rehan
Hartley
Robinson
Bashir

Personally I'd play Lawrence instead of Bairstow. The pitch could be a real turner and Lawrence is a better player of spin than Johnny.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
More than the pitch it's the conditions, Ranchi is stupidly hot. Easily the hottest venue in this series, they have coal mines nearby FFS & one of the oldest coal fires as well IIRC in Jharia? Even Umesh & Jadeja ran out of steam on the last day vs Oz back in 2017 - it's probably going to be slightly cooler now but still really hot in the sun.
Ranchi (India) weather - Met Office

Here's one forecast. Suggests warm but not too bad. I'm guessing that things are different when you play in late March, as is usually the case when Australia seem to tour India.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Why do coal mines mean it's hot? We used to have coal mines in the UK.......not sure it ever made Sheffield ridiculously hot.

R!TTER

State Regular
There are active burning coal mines here that's why. Places like Chennai or Mumbai have the sea for its relative cooldown effect, up north during late spring or summer it's searing hot with no respite whatsoever! Although forecast looks good/mild for now.

Molehill

International Captain
Personally I'd play Lawrence instead of Bairstow. The pitch could be a real turner and Lawrence is a better player of spin than Johnny.
I think the only people who wouldn't select Lawrence over Bairstow are the selectors. Lawrence can even bowl half decent off spin too.

Do they not realise that Bairstow is actually become a figure of real dislike amongst England supporters? You can't keep picking someone because of something they did on totally different pitches 2 years ago.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I think the only people who wouldn't select Lawrence over Bairstow are the selectors. Lawrence can even bowl half decent off spin too.

Do they not realise that Bairstow is actually become a figure of real dislike amongst England supporters? You can't keep picking someone because of something they did on totally different pitches 2 years ago.
they do

they probably dont care just like broadcasters dont care that everyone ****ing hates KP

Molehill

International Captain
Have people seen the weather in Dharamsala and forecast for next few weeks?

This next test could decide whether the series is a draw or India win. Don't think we see any play there.

Highs of 6 degrees forecast and loads of snow.

Dharamsala - BBC Weather
Match doesn't start till March 7th, plenty of time for the snow to thaw and temperature to reach the dizzy heights of about 5c.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Bowling 20 odd overs over a period of 15 days is apparently such a big workload that the most important bowler needs a break in the middle of a live test series against the most in form team in the world. Wonder if he'll get a rest in the middle of a two month long t20 tournament.

Absolutely pathetic.
He's bowling 6-over spells regularly in these Tests at full tilt as opposed to the two overs at most he'd bowl in a T20. He's thankfully recovered well from his back troubles, but unlike Cummins for eg his action means that the risk of a relapse is always there. I'm ok with protecting him, too precious a resource for Indian cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's bowling 6-over spells regularly in these Tests at full tilt as opposed to the two overs at most he'd bowl in a T20. He's thankfully recovered well from his back troubles, but unlike Cummins for eg his action means that the risk of a relapse is always there. I'm ok with protecting him, too precious a resource for Indian cricket.
Yeah also Rohit is a ****ing idiot when it comes to using fast bowlers for some reason. He did this **** in the WC too. You almost always see bowlers way too long a spell under him. Rahane was like this too. Virat was like this but improved in his later years. Hopefully Rohit does too.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah also Rohit is a ****ing idiot when it comes to using fast bowlers for some reason. He did this **** in the WC too. You almost always see bowlers way too long a spell under him. Rahane was like this too. Virat was like this but improved in his later years. Hopefully Rohit does too.
Isn't he already in his later years? He's nearly 37.

Which makes me wonder, who is the next Indian skipper?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it will be Bumrah with KL as his deputy. And filling in whenever Bumrah is workload managed.

****ing accident of Pant just screwed up so much. I am happy he is ok after such a horrific accident but cant help but think what might have been had he just let a driver drive him that late in the night. :(