• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
I think if he has to be replaced it will be Washy. But its a moot point as I dunno if they will let it happen. Best wishes and prayers with Ash and his family. Hope things can turn out ok.

Anyways this game is done now, IMO. Congrats England.
India still have 2 spinners and 2 seamers available, essentially same bowling attack as England. They have 445 on the board and don’t have to bat last, it’s hardly done.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Good luck to Ashwin. Must be very serious if he has withdrawn knowing the rules.

Can any of the Indian batsmen bowl?

Stefan9

International Debutant
Hold fire, we're not there yet. I already said earlier this game had Lords 2023 vibes and we contrived to lose that one after Lyon couldn't bowl after Day 2.
Aus had cam green and Travis head who picked 4 wickets between them. Not sure who in the Indian side can pick up the slack.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Good luck to Ashwin. Must be very serious if he has withdrawn knowing the rules.

Can any of the Indian batsmen bowl?
Jadeja & Kuldeep, Siraj and Bumrah is the attack now that is still very good ..

Jaiswal bowls legspin , Rohit Sharma used to be a handy off spinner back in the day ..

Arachnodouche

International Captain

Jaiswal bowls legspin , Rohit Sharma used to be a handy off spinner back in the day ..
Necessity's the mother of...improvisation. Somebody will be asked to put their hand over the next three days unless someone from the main four left goes on a complete tear.

Stefan9

International Debutant

Both Siraj and bumrah felt niggles already . Could be an issue them having to carry the burden.

24 wickets between Jaiswal & Rohit in FC cricket doesn't sound great from an Indian perspective.

Jadeja & Kuldeep will need to bowl lots of overs. England will target them.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Some are saying a replacement is down to the opposition captain, is this confirmed? If so I can see Stokes agreeing to it! He wants to play the game the right way

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Wasn't able to see the last session live but just seen the highlights.

Absolutely sublime innings from Duckett.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think if he has to be replaced it will be Washy. But its a moot point as I dunno if they will let it happen. Best wishes and prayers with Ash and his family. Hope things can turn out ok.

Anyways this game is done now, IMO. Congrats England.
England and India are paying out similar, though per the betting sites, England have now become slight favorites.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Both Siraj and bumrah felt niggles already . Could be an issue them having to carry the burden.

24 wickets between Jaiswal & Rohit in FC cricket doesn't sound great from an Indian perspective.

Jadeja & Kuldeep will need to bowl lots of overs. England will target them.
They will gain a moral victory against England which is hard to do these days.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Some are saying a replacement is down to the opposition captain, is this confirmed? If so I can see Stokes agreeing to it! He wants to play the game the right way
We will see if the recall of Ian Bell in England will be reciprocated but I doubt we will see a replacement.

And while it would be a nice gesture, the rules are clear and I would not be mad at Stokes if he refused.

Stefan9

International Debutant
If that was the case why did they need to bring in the concussion rules?

I think people maybe confusing playing conditions in certain first class competitions with test rules. I have doubts about the test championship having any playing condition for this.