• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was banking on Pope being the weak link of this lineup but if this is how he's going to be handling our bowlers, it's not looking great.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I was banking on Pope being the weak link of this lineup but if this is how he's going to be handling our bowlers, it's not looking great.
His achievement level up until Stokes/McCullum takeover was certainly a valid question. His talent level markedly less so. His average of 36 is still rather disappointing, and he'll have to go some to get it into the mid 40s. However, his level since the change of team management is really in line with the player he is in terms of that talent.

Molehill

International Captain
I love the way they just knock it to mid on and jog an unchallenged single - seriously???

This is carnage at the mo.....

King Kane

International Debutant
India's score of 445 looking under par right now, they needed to score at least 500, probably closer to 600.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our second seamer downgrade from Shami to Siraj/Mukesh is massive huh. Just haven't produced enough good bowlers in the last few years. Going to be done troublesome times in the next few years if Bumrah can't stay on the park.

Spark

Global Moderator
I know Jadeja was injured and no Shami but this honestly is pretty much India's first choice attack, in home conditions. This is crazy stuff

Molehill

International Captain
He will get burned out by the end of the series,not everytime India can rely on him.
This is what became very obvious in the second Test. If they could just see off Bumrah, there were definitely runs on offer elsewhere.

Looks like they're trying the short stuff idea now, could work, did at Lord's from a very similar position.

King Kane

International Debutant
India are missing Shami, he is the sort of bowler who can make a breakthrough in this situation when all the other bowlers are struggling, like Wagner.

Molehill

International Captain
This looked too high on first view and almost seemed like an attempt to stop the overthrows from counting.