• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Molehill

International Captain
Nice, 445 is a good total. Best part being we've eaten up a day and a half of the best batting conditions.
Yeah, that's the key. England likely to be tired from being in the field a long time (could see that from dropped catches). I can see 180 all out coming.

Toss was important, but it's been well used.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Live I didn't think that was out at all. Guess it shows how much cricket in Australia I've been watching.

Doesn't really matter much though I guess. Fantastic recovery from 3/35. Not sure what par is on the wicket but any score over 400 is a good one.

flibbertyjibber

Got to be said the TNT coverage is decent. Cook and Finn are good if not great but are watchable and Kate Mason is better looking than any of the presenters on Sky.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Useful?

Bloody great score
Not bad after 330 for 7, either, which is the score I briefly woke up to. Checking the commentary since then, it all seems a bit ****e; dropped catches, Rehan apparently trying to start a bumper war, and Wood looking absolutely in no fit state. Still, at least we have that five run start after Ashwin's pitch-doctoring. 8-)

OverratedSanity

Were in danger of being bowled out for 350 odd there which would've been a very poor total. Good stuff from jurel and Ashwin in particular.

King Kane

International Debutant
India in front with that total on the board, it will be tough for England to win this now but I don't think Stokes and NcCullum will be playing for a draw.

That's not how they roll.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
This penalty runs thing...

What would have happened had India been batting in the 4th innings and were penalised?

Would they just have to get 5 more runs than the original target?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This penalty runs thing...

What would have happened had India been batting in the 4th innings and were penalised?

Would they just have to get 5 more runs than the original target?
I suppose they wouldn't be penalised in the 4th innings as they wouldn't benefit from it at all. Quite the opposite, actually.