• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And even that'd be much more acceptable if he was helping NZ win or save close Tests against those teams. But Latham's runs have rarely actually mattered because NZ have been a very good side at home in that period and beaten lesser teams comfortably.

Given the desperate searches for openers in previous eras and even at times to partner Latham you'd still take it, but it's been a disappointing career. It has nothing to do with Bazball either.
Yeah this is exactly how I feel. There could be the argument that any runs he scores generally do matter, because they're at the top - therefore if he scores them, the guys below have a strong platform against those lesser teams. And yes, you would absolutely take it because there was nothing before, there's nothing below now, and there's not a lot coming.

But yeah it's a disappointing career. Underperforming, unreliable against good teams. I remember seeing him against near on peak Starc, Haze, Johnson, Lyon and co in 2015 in Australia where he made a bunch of starts and looked really good in doing so...I thought we've got something here once he works it out. He never really has.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Easy win in the end with Kane leading the way.
Who gets MoM? Would have to go to O'Rourke wouldn't it? What a debut either way.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that is surprising as **** from SA being 202-4, ahead by 233, that we'd win in a reasonable canter by 7 wickets a day later. My date is finally unpuckered

Flem274*

123/5
Good save. Oceania has made a habit of dropping games when overwhelming favourites so good to see NZ save the blushes this time.

Very happy for Will Young. He knew this innings might define his career and open the door for Nicholls to seize the reserve batsman role, and he dug in then closed the door for now.

South Africa have fought hard and found some solid cricketers on this tour. Of those who didn't quite make it, I would still look upon them favorably in future for roles if I was SA selector. They chose to tour here.

Bedingham, de Swardt should roll straight in. Piedt back to second spinner at least? Paterson showed he could do a job at home too.

Meridio

International Regular
Kane wafg. We really, really should appreciate how good he is because he's not going to be around forever. Haven't been able to watch today but sounds like it was a pretty untroubled innings. Good stuff from Young to support too, on a pitch like that collapses can happen quickly but he dug in and then picked up the scoring nicely.

O'Rourke gets motm then. Well deserved, he's not the most inspiring with a microphone in his hand but who gives a **** when he bowls like that