• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

ma1978

International Debutant
I'm guessing Sarfraz has some Pakistani heritage somewhere down the line. If so, I'm struggling to remember the last Indian player with that sort of lineage.
mohammed siraj

irfan pathan

yusuf pathan

there are more Muslims in India than Pakistan and virtually none of them have Pakistani heritage. Pakistan is a modern concept that was created in 1947 without historical basis (to be clear you can say that largely about India too)

Molehill

International Captain
FFS - Now it looks like Jadeja would've been out with a review too. Any chance the umpires can maybe stick their fingers up?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well if we can sneak another out before the new ball and maybe one with it it will have been a good day.

Thought they should have reviewed the lbw, amazed they didn't.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Definitely haven’t seen enough personally. I can tell relies a lot on his hands and not getting into good positions / footwork.

Looked a bit sus against Rehan earlier
Sort of like VVS then. He's a decent judge of length against spin, not an instinctive lunger like a few others in the side, and plays with soft hands hence late, again unlike a few others. Confident too.

ma1978

International Debutant
Yeah, I get that for all the obvious reasons, and I should have worded it better. Presumably their great great grandparents managed to stay put despite the carnage going on around them?
most stayed put. The migration was limited to a small part of historical British India.

OverratedSanity

Liking Sarfaraz's work so far after a nervy first couple of overs. Think England should've brought anderson on for an over or two against him here.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Thought Jadeja was out live. Lucky lucky boy. Poor communication from England. Can't shell chances on this.

flibbertyjibber

Definitely haven’t seen enough personally. I can tell relies a lot on his hands and not getting into good positions / footwork.

Looked a bit sus against Rehan earlier
Let's wait and see what he is like against pace first. Yes he looks busy against spin but who knows what his technique is like against a new ball banged in?

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Yeah, I get that for all the obvious reasons, and I should have worded it better. Presumably their great great grandparents managed to stay put despite the carnage going on around them?
Muslims have been living in India since the 7th century, long before Pakistan was a thought and have seen many wars, conflicts, emperors come and go.