• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sundar has the talent to actually be picked for his batting long term IMO. Axar doesn't really - he's a bowling allrounder in good batting form.
Yeah, my basis is if we are playing overseas, I would be more comfortable with Sundar at 6/7 than Axar. And that is what matters ultimately as SEN boards ensure the pitches almost never bring spinners into play, even Aus to an extent. So you can really only play the one spinner and he has to be good enough to bat top 7.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, my basis is if we are playing overseas, I would be more comfortable with Sundar at 6/7 than Axar. And that is what matters ultimately as SEN boards ensure the pitches almost never bring spinners into play, even Aus to an extent. So you can really only play the one spinner and he has to be good enough to bat top 7.
Sundar's bowling is much more suited to bouncy true Aus and SA pitches than Axar too because he basically bowls toppies that get lots of bounce.

But even ignoring that, if he focused on his batting he could become an actual 5 or 6 batsman IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably would have taken this before play but quite annoying getting out of bed at 35-3 and being at this point.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does Jadeja make an all time Indian Test XI ?
He adds so much value to a team
Kapil making it on bowling alone and being a good #7 would make him possibly less useful than he would be otherwise - there are better spinners than him and his batting is worth less when Kapil is already there.

If I could split the side up into Asian and SENA lineups I'd pick him in the side for Asia for sure. If I had to play the same eleven everywhere then probably not.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seen it suggested that it could be the worse since Gavaskar's debut.
Yeah it's a little bit hard to judge sitting over here I suppose because there were a lot of storied Indian batting line ups who came over here and batted with toothpicks. Certainly the weakest I've seen them roll out at home since we started getting live coverage from over there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah it's a little bit hard to judge sitting over here I suppose because there were a lot of storied Indian batting line ups who came over here and batted with toothpicks. Certainly the weakest I've seen them roll out at home since we started getting live coverage from over there.
Their two best bats are making runs here, but it could have very embarrassing if they didn't given the quality of the rest of the side. Kinda looking forward to Sarfaraz though.