• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, this side is selected better than the last one but somehow this side is even more inexperienced, esp. the batting. As a rule, I dont mind batsmen nicking off early now and then, it happens to all batsmen and the 9:30 starts are usually seamer/pacer friendly at least for the first half hour to 45 mins. Pattidar's shot and the way he seems to bat against spin is a tad concerning for me, as he doesn't seem to have any obvious weakness yet keeps getting out. Its too early to write off anything but we are up against it this game with this batting line up and bowling line up in these conditions, against this England side. I am worried our bowling will wilt :(

Again, the only hope is a Bazball collapse.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Well, this side is selected better than the last one but somehow this side is even more inexperienced, esp. the batting. As a rule, I dont mind batsmen nicking off early now and then, it happens to all batsmen and the 9:30 starts are usually seamer/pacer friendly at least for the first half hour to 45 mins. Pattidar's shot and the way he seems to bat against spin is a tad concerning for me, as he doesn't seem to have any obvious weakness yet keeps getting out. Its too early to write off anything but we are up against it this game with this batting line up and bowling line up in these conditions, against this England side. I am worried our bowling will wilt :(

Again, the only hope is a Bazball collapse.
Patidar goes too hard at spin I think.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Jadeja? Lmao
Brother it makes perfect sense to promote Jadeja because India can keep Right hand/Left Hand combination.

Also this is his home ground, this is where he scored triple tons in FC cricket..He might have more runs scored here than entire Indian team combined ..

For India he has only been dismissed once at Rajkot ..Averages 144 with the bat , 27 with the ball.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Axar would've been a better pick over patidar. He looked the most fluent of the middle order batsman in the precious two tests.
Yeah. As I was saying earlier picking 6 bowlers will be perfectly fine given many of our bowlers bat better than batsmen we have in our middle order.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Axar over any of these batsmen would be fine but its not a long term solution. And if you are gonna pick an AR for his batting, I would still go with Washy before Axar.
Sundar has the talent to actually be picked for his batting long term IMO. Axar doesn't really - he's a bowling allrounder in good batting form.