• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
O'Rourke obviously has to play the Australia tests now.

Part of me wishes we'd saved him until then and ambushed the Aussies, rather than giving them the chance to study video footage from the last few days. But that's probably a fair trade-off with the confidence boost that he should take from this performance.

King Kane

International Debutant
Well that innings finished a lot quicker than I expected, it was looking like a lead of 300 or more with Bedingham and Petersen batting.

Impressive debut from O'Rourke with a 5'fer and 9 wickets for the match, he has definitely put his hand up for the test series v Australia.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay score card to wake up to. Well done to Bedingham.

Do you remember all how fuming Duminy was when WP/Cobras lost Bedingham to overseas. Because CSA where sitting around twiddling their thumbs and not selecting him for national duty. A big positive from him this series.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Now would be a good time for Conway to rediscover some form.
No he needs to continue the subterfuge of being weak to right arm around the wicket, at which point during the Australia series he's going to cash in by taking the Aussie attack to the cleaners

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
O'Rourke obviously has to play the Australia tests now.
O'Rourke genuinely looking our best bowler this game. He and KJ first names on the sheet.
Fundamentally, noone else we have is going to bowl a ball at 137-140km/h that seams and rears off a length ot take a wicket. The rest of the bowling attack can cover if he has an off day and allow him to only be used in short spells. So I agree, he now makes my XI for the first test vs Australia. Doubly so if Jamieson is out.

Flem274*

123/5
Fundamentally, noone else we have, is going to bowl a ball at 137-140km/h that seams and rears off a length ot take a wicket. The rest of the bowling attack can cover if he has an off day and allow him to only be used in short spells. So I agree, he now makes my XI for the first test vs Australia. Doubly so if Jamieson is out.
No one we select at least.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Conway's back baby.

This was clearly the intention all along, leave enough runs for him to get himself back into form in the fourth innings.