• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

Dendarii

International Debutant
He is a very good wicketkeeper. Been good to watch in a skill under appreciated now.
That may have been why he got the nod for the series, the thinking being that with the weaker bowlers every chance needs to be taken. The question is whether that offsets his lack of prowess with the bat.

SeamUp

International Coach
As I predicted at the start of the series, this SA line-up is massively under rated. 1-1 series result well on the cards here.
Let's not jump the gun here 😁

Great thing about the best format is, you've got to do it again to prove you deserved it.

SeamUp

International Coach
That may have been why he got the nod for the series, the thinking being that with the weaker bowlers every chance needs to be taken. The question is whether that offsets his lack of prowess with the bat.
It may have been but I don't think Conrad could have convinced many with our batting needing as much help.

People are calling for Qeshile, Second and Moonsamy. End of the day I guess they all well down the list and particularly if Second played needed to bat 5.

Meridio

International Regular
Wtf is this garbage. Haven't been able to watch until just now, but sounds like some really poor dismissals. It does feel like we've had at least one eye on the upcoming series with Australia and our minds aren't quite on the job at hand. Is reminding me of basically the same fixture a couple of years ago during covid, where we totally demolished them in the first test and then just put in a dozy slack performance in the next.

Big chance for the SA bats to make a statement next innings. We need Southee to actually turn up, few early wickets and the wobbles could set in

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it would all be about the team. Unfortunately our batting is so weak that it probably does not work. If both Mulder and Jansen where consistently contributing with the bat could then play him at 8... Old fashioned keeper!

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This is great from Wags, especially as they're sorta both at the wrong end with both spinners turning it away from the bat

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's hard to watch but to be fair, Jamieson is out with injury, Mitchell as well. I wouldn't accuse them of taking SA lightly, more so not ideally playing two guys with a series ahead.
And didn’t adjust the squad to deal with the injuries other than bringing in Young leaving us with an unbalanced team. It smacks of thinking that no further changes were needed because South Africa are weak. Hence, hubris.