• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but when your mindset is to go as hard as they do, that sort of thing can always happen. It's the price you buy this approach at.

It was ridiculous how many numb skull England supporters (there's stacks, let's be honest) were on here during the Ashes huffing and puffing about how great it was they were scoring so fast only to turn around and lament the choice of shots blokes played as they skied one to mid wicket for 30 or 40 odd. Well duh.

That's the inherent risk in playing the way they do. And if it works for their players then so be it, but their supporters need to come to terms with the fact there's going to be a lot of dismissals which look ****ing horrendous when you play this way.
Difference is we knew you were there for the taking and we chucked the series away ourselves.

We expect to lose in India so giving it a go is better than not trying like your shower usually do over there.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
People keep saying this but his record in Bazball is I think better than his overall? Granted that was prior to this series
Higher average. But has caused an influx of low scores. I think he might have been injured and had to just slog today, but unless he's in Australia/SA or playing against an attack of that nature, I think he really should just play his game. Don't see why he shouldn't. He was never a grinder.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Higher average. But has caused an influx of low scores. I think he might have been injured and had to just slog today, but unless he's in Australia/SA or playing against an attack of that nature, I think he really should just play his game. Don't see why he shouldn't. He was never a grinder.
Yeah, I feel like his amount of low scores has gone up. I don't feel like Root's run output has at all been at the level it could/should be under Baz.

I also hate the sight of a guy who I'd rate as the most pure stroke-maker/batsman in the world, playing reverse scoops early in his innings off world class bowlers like he did in the Ashes. A guy with his ability, the amount of Test cricket he plays, could be averaging 60 at what should be the peak of his career. I've found it quite ick to watch him under the BB word I never say, at times.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"I think something that has been happening so far is unsustainable and will stop happening" isn't really a false perception.
If he keeps playing the way he has for the last two years then his average will go down seems a false perception to me when his average has gone up playing that way.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, I feel like his amount of low scores has gone up. I don't feel like Root's run output has at all been at the level it could/should be under Baz.

I also hate the sight of a guy who I'd rate as the most pure stroke-maker/batsman in the world, playing reverse scoops early in his innings off world class bowlers like he did in the Ashes. A guy with his ability, the amount of Test cricket he plays, could be averaging 60 at what should be the peak of his career. I've found it quite ick to watch him under the BB word I never say, at times.
Averaging 60 is brutally difficult and there's every chance his average would have gone down as he mentally got ground by the utterly miserable and joyless cricket England had been playing under him

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean obviously he batted like a lunatic today but I think it’s a bit overstated how differently he’s batted anyway.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Averaging 60 is brutally difficult and there's every chance his average would have gone down as he mentally got ground by the utterly miserable and joyless cricket England had been playing under him
You had me in the first half :laugh:

I mean obviously he batted like a lunatic today but I think it’s a bit overstated how differently he’s batted anyway.
Since Baz? Hmmm, I don't remember him playing reverse scoops or playing like a madman before 2022. I could be wrong