• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not sure it is just simply arrogance. It's more that they don't fear losing, innit. They accept that they will lose, and they have lost matches. They sense that they can win more than they lose whilst at the same time enjoying their sport.
This is it. There have been a couple of matches lost that maybe wouldn’t have been without ‘Bazball’ - the second NZ Test, Edgbaston in the Ashes - possibly Lords too (thinking about the first innings wickets lost) - but the net games that wouldn’t have been won without it is enormous. It’s massively in credit as a philosophy and with that comes confidence, and a lack of fear.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It looks likely that England will lose this test, but they've still been much more competitive in this test than in many touring teams' recent jaunts to India. Great to see Jimmy can still deliver the goods. Him continuing to fill this role will ensure Sam Cook can keep taking wickets for Essex during the Summer. Great stuff.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Totaly agree with what GIMH and third man just said.......realy not sure how you can look upon anything done or said as arrogance?

As.a cricket fan I'm looking at this chase and thinking it's pretty much undoable and totally out of reach.......yet there's big part of me thinking if anyone can pull off a hiest like this it is this England team. The only reason I'm thinking like that is I know that every single member in that dressing room believes that they can. I don't think that's arrogance at all.......its confidence that the impossible is almost always possible and they've all brought into it.

I love it........its like a box of chocolates.

ataraxia

International Coach
Most likely outcome is probably England having a couple of really promising points where its 'just might be on' like 180-3 and 290-6, before dropping to about a 50 run loss. Seems to happen in the majority of big chases regardless of what the target is.

2nd most likely getting skittled for <150 with spinners bowling all but 4 overs

Glorious upset sitting in third
Stop gambhiring ffs

Andyhere

International 12th Man
The confidence in the English camp does seem to be verging on arrogance of late. Too bad we don't have a captain or coach to trigger the same psychological tweak in our guys i.e. remind the side they are bowling to the same English batsmen who were flailing and sinking on the last tour on these very wickets.
These pitches are definitely different. Much truer pitchs unlike rank turners last time.
If rank turners were dished out, with this bazball approach England would bundle out for under 100.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England have pulled off several big chases under McCullum/Stokes and have often made it look like a cakewalk. India are still favourites but this is still a really good pitch to bat on. Considering England's recent chasing success and India's numerous instances in recent years where they've laid an egg in the fourth innings and failed to defend good targets, this is something like 65-35 or 60-40 imo. All it takes is one good session of aggressive batting to come off and India's tendency to drop their heads will show up.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ashwin has to step up. If the current trend continues, this series with put a dent in that shiny home record (not to mention more ammo for subshakerz).

Spark

Global Moderator
England have pulled off several big chases under McCullum/Stokes and have often made it look like a cakewalk. India are still favourites but this is still a really good pitch to bat on. Considering England's recent chasing success and India's numerous instances in recent years where they've laid an egg in the fourth innings and failed to defend good targets, this is something like 65-35 or 60-40 imo. All it takes is one good session of aggressive batting to come off and India's tendency to drop their heads will show up.
I'll be really really interested to see how India react in the field if England start to get close. Like, 4/280 or something like that

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'll be really really interested to see how India react in the field if England start to get close. Like, 4/280 or something like that
They'll **** themselves of course. From what we've seen from this Eng side, if you let them get that far, they're as good as home and hosed, they treat it like the home stretch of an ODI.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully the morning conditions provide a bit of assistance. If there was a time to bowl Mukesh it would be now (I still wouldn't give him the ball for the rest of the match unless desperate)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hopefully the morning conditions provide a bit of assistance. If there was a time to bowl Mukesh it would be now (I still wouldn't give him the ball for the rest of the match unless desperate)
Actually, hopefully they don’t

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Crawley is playing off the backfoot too much. The bounce is getting lower but it is not exactly shooters out there and the variation is not so much. Its very much playable, just have to commit more to the front foot or at least assume lower bounce than normal.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its stupid to have started with Axar when your best spinner still happens to be Ashwin.

Its the idiotic matchup MI backroom staff thinking that is gonna cost us here. As good a captain as MSD, my foot. Guy is light years away as a captain. I dont even think he is a better captain than Virat at this point.