• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Furball

Evil Scotsman
he got swiped on the ankle by Van Dijk who had no way of winning the ball so idk how that isnt a pen

telling that Chelsea had 2 penalties not given and still were **** enough to not even feel robbed by the end of it because of how horrendous they were
Being gently nudged in the back of your leg shouldn't result in a player leaping in the opposite direction.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Being gently nudged in the back of your leg shouldn't result in a player leaping in the opposite direction.
taking a swipe at someone’s ankle from behind with no attempt to play the ball is not a gentle nudge by any measure

he did exaggerate the contact a tiny bit but if refs arent willing to hand penalties without the theatrics even in legit cases then im not going to be blaming players for indulging in them

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Crazy game. Man Utd bossed the match for over 70 minutes looking like the Utd of old. Wolves were mostly dire. Yet Utd were lucky to win 4-3.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This increasingly feeble Palace side is well on the way to another away-day thrashing. I suppose that can happen against Arsenal, but against a Brighton team who just got wallopped at Luton? And no I wasn't especially reassured by squeezing home by the odd goal in five at home to bottom-of-the-table Sheffield United in between these two debacles. If Potter really is available, surely Hodgson has to step aside now rather than wait until we're in the bottom three.

EDIT
And now Hodgson has broken Olise by sending him on, when obviosuly not 100% fit, in a game that was already lost. Sure enough, our best player lasted virtually no time before hobbling off, and who know when he might be available for when it actually matters.
Elsewhere, Luton are once again showing what supposedly lesser combinations can do if well managed.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf is this Luton game. 4-4 after 73 mins but bound to be more at this rate.

Having Barnes back is huge for us.

Skipper Pup

U19 Vice-Captain
if you told me we before that game we'd lose 3-1 I would have been devastated but I'm not actually feeling that bad about it given the context.
It's an annoying result but Arsenal deserved the points - we didn't help ourselves by gifting them the 2nd goal and we weren't able to create much of note anyway.

I knew we were in big trouble with that starting line up and the first half was pretty poor. Darwin obviously had an injury issue, Bradley out for other reasons, Szobo was a massive miss and TAA only fit enough to play 55min (in which Martinelli had him on toast anyway). Those issues were things Klopp likely didn't have much time to plan for and it looked abit off from the start.

Arsenal's midfield battered ours, Grav just isn't battle hardened enough for an away trip to the Emirates and although I thought Macca was our best player, Rice and Jorginho bossed it. Other than the first 10-15min of the second half we really didn't control the tempo or look threatening. I got the sense that Klopp was hoping to get to 60min with the scores level and see if the subs can turn it our way once Arsenal start getting desperate for the breakthrough, it was sort of going to plan. Given our outs he can probably be forgiven for playing for the draw and you can't really legislate for defensive calamaties like that.

I thought in general VVD had a shocking game, he was at fault for 2, if not all 3 goals. He ended up taking all the headlines away from Saliba.

We'll bounce back from this and while I'm confident we still finish ahead of Arsenal we have definitely left the door ajar for City. Of all the games to have players out this is probably the one we could least afford it so that's the only disappointing or 'what if' for me.

Jorginho was my MOTM, he had an absolute beast of a game. Shout out to Havertz too.

Side note but Arteta's celebrations were abit over the top. You would think he won the league with that carry on but fair play I guess that sort of emotion is what football is about. Unfortunately all this likely means is City are going to do the inevitable.

Last edited: