• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
pick your no 11 based on their batting

@Adorable Asshole @Prince EWS would approve and Garner would be proud
No and just no some more 😂

pick your number 11 based on their perceived bowling contribution to the game. Different time to Garner’s day as it’s a bit more of a professional set-up, and he had a few decent bats in front of him if I remember correctly?

Look I’m glad he threw it away, but just get down the nets **** and show some kahunas for your team and fans.

CarlsbergXpress

U19 Vice-Captain
Bazball is aggressive #intent played with the knowledge that this is a silly game and we are all going to die of a coronavirus or nuclear war within 15 years so who gives a ****
Nah Bazball will save humanity once it’s saved test match cricket and cured cancer.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I see, it's an experience and surpasses the linguistic limitations of any human language.
It's all about lifting inhibitions off otherwise limited cricketers (whatever "otherwise" and "limited" mean in this context, we might need to redefine those terms soon) and letting them know it's OK to take elite-level cricket back to the under-16 playground where/when the differences in skill weren't as great. It's fascinating, really; there's a fair bit of smoke and mirrors going on with the whole thing but more than a little substance as well. It's the most interesting development strategy/approach-wise in my time of watching cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This another case of India losing another Test on an unnecessarily overly spin-friendly surface when they would have been better off just with a regular wicket offering a bit more for the quicks?

India's seamers are if anything better than England's don't think they need these "90% of overs bowled by spin" type scenarios to beat England

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a pretty impressive win for England. One of the hardest assignments in world cricket to go to India and win, particularly with England's lack of quality spinners.

Only seen the scorecard and not any of the game, but did Pope and Hartley play well, or have a fair old slice of luck in their performances?

Molehill

International Captain
This another case of India losing another Test on an unnecessarily overly spin-friendly surface when they would have been better off just with a regular wicket offering a bit more for the quicks?

India's seamers are if anything better than England's don't think they need these "90% of overs bowled by spin" type scenarios to beat England
It wasn’t overly spin friendly. I mean yeah there was more for spinners than seamers, but it never did unplayable stuff. 230 should’ve been achievable but it was more the pressure that did for them.

It also seemed that Ashwin and Jadeja had no idea how to counter Pope’s sweeping assault. I suspect there will be more plans come Friday…

Father Time

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So Pope & Hartley came good & had excellent matches. Thats two hats I’ve had to eat today! With Leach injured, does Bashir play in the next Test? Listened to Graeme Swann a week ago from Abu Dhabi, he was raving about both Bashir & Hartley. Maybe Anderson for Wood, & Bashir for Leach? Don’t anything about the next venue but heard Pietersen say it turns & bounces there. What a fantastic day for Test Cricket..!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That's a pretty impressive win for England. One of the hardest assignments in world cricket to go to India and win, particularly with England's lack of quality spinners.

Only seen the scorecard and not any of the game, but did Pope and Hartley play well, or have a fair old slice of luck in their performances?
Pope was dropped, but only when on three figures (I think). Played and missed a bit early on (in his own words - I was still in bed at that point) but what I saw he was playing freely. A really bloody good innings. Stokes said it trumped Root’s efforts in Asia!

Hartley bowled really well. Ashwin and Siraj both had brain fades but he still had to put the ball in the right spot. No freebies amongst the rest. A fine performance.

Molehill

International Captain

Pope’s innings was one of the best I’ve seen by an English batsman in my 40+ years of watching. I didn’t know he had it in him.

Hartley grew in confidence as the match progressed. It was rabbit in headlights stuff to start off, but Stokes kept bowling him and showing faith and trust. It was a master stroke of captaincy. The result was a really controlled spell of spin bowling in the second innings. A couple of beauties to Barat and Rohit in particular. Looks a more than useful bat too.

TheJediBrah

It wasn’t overly spin friendly. I mean yeah there was more for spinners than seamers, but it never did unplayable stuff.
Maybe not so much spin-friendly, as pace-unfriendly? Slow, low, little movement etc? When England are bowling 90% of their overs from spin there's got to be something causing that surely

Reckon India should try and get a pitch with just a little more pace and help in it for the seamers, and watch Bumrah/Siraj/Shami (or whoever is fit) run through England

flibbertyjibber

Watching the highlights back have Shastri and Gavaskar fallen out with some of the Indian team? Seem scathing by their usual standards of the team lowering their intensity in the field and some of the dismissals.

Almost like they are half pleased a few egos are being bruised by this defeat.