• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

91Jmay

International Coach
I know Hartley is no rashid as he hasn't made all those First-class hundreds, but **** me he looks a better batsman than bowler.
I mean he is an English spinner. You basically have to be able to bat other than at literally a few counties where they actually get to bowl a decent bit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Gonna be a great chase. England currently not paying well enough for me to bet on them but maybe at the beginning of chase…

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not big on being a body language expert in sports but it's not looked great from India has it. This group tends to throw the towel in quickly when things are against them in the field.
Yeah I’ve said it before, they’re extremely quick to droop their heads and shoulders while just meandering around waiting for Bumrah to pull something out his arse.

Kohli’s chat also completely disappears when they’re doing badly.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I’ve said it before, they’re extremely quick to droop their heads and shoulders while just meandering around waiting for Bumrah to pull something out his arse.

Kohli's had a lot of experience this year having to shut his mouth

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Nah... we were pretty below average when things went against us under Virat but under Rohit its sunk to impossible levels. The WC final after over 10 of both innings was just agony to watch as an Indian fan.

For context, we were 80 odd for 3 after 11 overs when batting and they were 3/50 odd batting second chasing about 250. Most teams would fancy themselves at least even chance in those scenarios.

flibbertyjibber

Well that ended quickly. Possibly needed another 30/40. Got a chance though so we will have to wait and see.

Well played Pope, magnificent innings.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One of the best innings in India I have seen, up there with Cook and KP in 2012 and perhaps a couple of Clarke's and Gilly's finest in India too. Would probably still put KP and Cook above this coz they were more chanceless IIRC but this is as good as it gets over the Ash-Jaddu era IMO and I feel the 2012 test kinda preceded that era.

The fact that we also had Bumrah makes this even better.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Nah... we were pretty below average when things went against us under Virat but under Rohit its sunk to impossible levels. The WC final after over 10 of both innings was just agony to watch as an Indian fan.

For context, we were 80 odd for 3 after 11 overs when batting and they were 3/50 odd batting second chasing about 250. Most teams would fancy themselves at least even chance in those scenarios.
Rohit goes through the motions a lot especially in the longer format. There was a looong stretch yesterday where bumrah should've been bowling but he kept axar and jadeja on who looked harmless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rohit goes through the motions a lot especially in the longer format. There was a looong stretch yesterday where bumrah should've been bowling but he kept axar and jadeja on who looked harmless.
Also amazing how long it takes him to try different things. Virat was stubborn but Rohit is basically obstinate and we wanted Rohit coz we thought he would be more flexible and street smart. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I mean this is the perfect time to try a 6th bowler like Jaiswal and yet we never tried him or even Siraj when partnerships kept happening. I said it before, you give a situation like the Oval or Lords in 2021 to Rohit and we lose both games IMO. Or at least only draw Lords and lose Oval. He put all his chips on the WC, it looks like, and right now is just reacting and overreacting to everything without actually keeping his wits and trying some other plans when the first 1 or 2 dont work out.

England really should feel bad if they cant beat this line-up. This is as shaky as any we have had and it seems it has far worse captaincy and management than before on top of it.

PaulLennon

U19 12th Man
One of the best innings in INdia I have seen, up there with Cook and KP in 2012 and perhaps a couple of Clarke's and Gilly's finest in India too. Would probably still put KP and Cook above this coz they were more chanceless IIRC but this is as good as it gets over the Ash-Jaddu era IMO and I feel the 2012 test kinda preceded that era.

Yeah Jadeja debuted in the last match.

The era starts from the 13 Aus series.

morgieb

India are lucky that Leach is hurt and the rest of their spinners suck, because they're in serious trouble right now.

What a knock from Pope. To think that he had basically been owned by quality spin in pretty much every Test prior to this.

Daemon

What are you disagreeing with?

Shri

Mr. Glass
One of the best innings in INdia I have seen, up there with Cook and KP in 2012 and perhaps a couple of Clarke's and Gilly's finest in India too. Would probably still put KP and Cook above this coz they were more chanceless IIRC but this is as good as it gets over the Ash-Jaddu era IMO and I feel the 2012 test kinda preceded that era.

smith's 2017 pune ton was insane

this knock was very good but nowhere near smith's

more comparable to root's 200 in chennai in the last tour

Andyhere

International 12th Man
India are lucky that Leach is hurt and the rest of their spinners suck, because they're in serious trouble right now.

What a knock from Pope. To think that he had basically been owned by quality spin in pretty much every Test prior to this.
India is lucky because opposition couldn't pick the right team?
Just one bowler (who got injured) is good and rest is good for nothing?