• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't imagine he's ever being given LBW on anything hitting above knee roll.

Would be nice for Green to trade in the toothpick he's brought out to the middle for an actual cricket bat
He’s so tense it’s ridiculous. So tight in the shoulders, if he was a boxer he’d be worn out by half way through round two.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Greaves is considered a batsman and doesn't even bowl every innings for his domestic side, but this is immaucate seam presentation from decent height at mid 130s every ball. He sprays it occasionally but seriously there's a frontline bowler in there - at least domestically!

Spark

Global Moderator
Greaves is considered a batsman and doesn't even bowl every innings for his domestic side, but this is immaucate seam presentation from decent height at mid 130s every ball. He sprays it occasionally but seriously there's a frontline bowler in there - at least domestically!
Yeah this is a serious spell. Absolutely not just dibbly-dobbler areas.

Burgey

If JDS can develop into a serviceable six they could potentially play Greaves at seven in the right conditions and he’ll be a genuine wicket taking option

the batting is still pretty bad overall for the Windies but there’s some good signs with their attack. There hasn’t been one of their bowlers who I’ve thought looked really terrible. All contributed something at different times

TheJediBrah

I don't think we can play Green in the NZ Tests unless he somehow turns this around tomorrow and makes 60 or 70. At least not as a batsman.

Unfortunate because his bowling was excellent today

Michael Neser would bat a lot better than Green has this series

morgieb

If JDS can develop into a serviceable six they could potentially play Greaves at seven in the right conditions and he’ll be a genuine wicket taking option

the batting is still pretty bad overall for the Windies but there’s some good signs with their attack. There hasn’t been one of their bowlers who I’ve thought looked really terrible. All contributed something at different times
I think they're probably one top-tier bat short of having a pretty good team. I think their Top 4 isn't too bad, problem is that none of them are really 45+ averaging guns.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I thought the same about Mayers. They're not really good enough in the roles they've been picked in but they average low 20s with the ball domestically despite being under bowled and you can see why. Having one of them bat seven and take their bowling more seriously would be a good thing for them IMO.