• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
how on earth is pope the leading run scorer for eng this innings
Because he's good at cricket? It's insane to me that people still want pope gone. He's averaged 44 since mccullum took over. I get the whole "he only makes weak runs" and "he can't play spin" thing, but come the hell on. When was the last time england had a #3 (not named root) doing this well? The issue this game was the fact that england picked two spinner's with no FC experience, and leach got injured. India never should have been allowed to score 400+.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Because he's good at cricket? It's insane to me that people still want pope gone. He's averaged 44 since mccullum took over. I get the whole "he only makes weak runs" and "he can't play spin" thing, but come the hell on. When was the last time england had a #3 (not named root) doing this well? The issue this game was the fact that england picked two spinner's with no FC experience, and leach got injured. India never should have been allowed to score 400+.
Yep, a player who has generally been pretty good the last couple of years even without the obvious boost that double ton v Ireland gave him. Stood up even on tough tracks v South Africa in 2022.

ma1978

International Debutant
It certainly helped him get into the LO side though which then gave him his Test debut.

I do think he remains the same bowler without IPL but probably would’ve had a later start to his career.
Kohli said the setup was preparing Bumrah for tests years ahead of his debut

Where you can credit the IPLis for generating the cash to create the training and health regime that can sustain a guy like Bumrah. No way he could have even last 30 tests two decades ago.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Helped by a 200 against Ireland like. He's definitely improved all the same.

When he first came onto the scene I thought he'd end up being a 45 average sort of player. Just never kicked on after that 135* in South Africa

16 average in the second innings until today is not good enough for a test batsman. Has to continue doing what he's done today

He'd have missed out for me if Brook was fit but now it's a Bairstow/Foakes battle if he was to come back.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we can somehow bat the day out we have a small target to bowl at. Hard task but it's the hope that kills you. More realistic is Pope getting a ton and a bit of respectability.

Comedy gold Ashwin in the field, Nasser would call him a donkey 😂