• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hate this sentiment. Bumrah literally credits Ranji Trophy and red ball cricket with aiding his development.
It certainly helped him get into the LO side though which then gave him his Test debut.

I do think he remains the same bowler without IPL but probably would’ve had a later start to his career.

OverratedSanity

Such a Jadeja wicket. Batsmen should never be looking to leave but still keep doing it. It's not like he gets many wickets with catches or bat pads. Kind of bowler you should always be looking to use your bat against.

Xix2565

International Regular
It certainly helped him get into the LO side though which then gave him his Test debut.

I do think he remains the same bowler without IPL but probably would’ve had a later start to his career.
Did it? Or was it his overall record across all domestic games and format?

The IPL stuff is such BS honestly. Completely ignores that selectors do view more games than the latest IPL season for prospective players.

kevinw

International 12th Man
I really hope Pope does shut his critics up. I've been one of them all week. Get to 50 on his pitch, you need to ton up.

Daemon

Did it? Or was it his overall record across all domestic games and format?

The IPL stuff is such BS honestly. Completely ignores that selectors do view more games than the latest IPL season for prospective players.
It certainly played a part, I’m not saying it was the only reason. Obviously his success in LOIs and Ranji record was a big factor too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Such a Jadeja wicket. Batsmen should never be looking to leave but still keep doing it. It's not like he gets many wickets with catches or bat pads. Kind of bowler you should always be looking to use your bat against.
It's honestly insane - and a testament to his skill and guile tbf - that batsmen still, after a decade plus of him doing this, don't know to always play the line and protect the stumps. If he nicks you then so be it but literally every batsman who's had success against him has done that.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There goes our last hope.
... of taking the game into Day 4. I think the result was beyond reasonable doubt a while ago.

Having just looked at the scorecard, I think that Bumrah's performace today has reinforced how silly it was to only pick both of our rookie spinners instead of one of our quicker bowlers. Although that was also beyond reasonable doubt some while ago too.