• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Dropped a cool 1 mill on a 41/50 RM bowler, new ball skewed with 13/16 stamina and Dry Hands. Bit of batting too. Gonna get him on some pace nets ASAP.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry on not getting the promotion, FHK.

My tea-20 team gave up and I played all youths in our final game of the season. We were already in relegation zone. Why not play the youths.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Updated world SOD rankings:

11 ataraXIa
-
39 The Net Theorists
42 ZCC
43 The Merry Orangutans
-
60 KryptoKnights
-
76 GG CC
77 FHK
-
89 Ashgrove Astronauts
96 Plymouth Pirates
-
121 Charminster CC
-
135 Moooo
138 AtaraX Wellington
-
153 Winton CC
-
195 Chips Mwitu

Based on this, I propose the following groups:

Group A: ataraXIa, The Merry Orangutans, FHK, Ashgrove Astronauts, Charminster CC, Moooo, Chips Mwitu
Group B: The Net Theorists, ZCC, KryptoKnights, GG CC, Plymouth Pirates, AtaraX Wellington, Winton CC

Everyone's main and franchise teams are in separate groups.

We play a two stage round robin, with 2 games a week (I propose Thursday and Saturday, so it's 3 days in a row of SOD cricket at the back end of each week). We should finish 12 games within 6 weeks.

The top 2 teams from each group proceed to the Super Six. 3rd will played 4th in cross-group eliminators, winners proceeding to the Super Six.

Question - should the 3rd vs 4th eliminator be a 2 match series (home and away) with NRR used to the determine who proceeds in case of a 1-1 tie?

Once determined, the Super Six will play another two stage round robin. So 10 more games within 5 weeks. Fresh competition, points will not carry forward from the Group stages. Top of the table after this proceeds to the Grand Final, while 2nd plays 3rd in an eliminator to join them.

The remaining 8 teams enter the Plate KO Competition.
Two games of Eliminator Loser vs 7th place in opposite group
Two games of 5th vs 6th cross-group
The four winners proceed to Semi Finals, winners of those into the Final. Short and sharp, takes an extra 3 weeks to get the Plate champion.
We could flesh this out to add more games and play-off matches for losing teams if there is demand for it. Usually teams eliminate from the running for the Cup tend to tune out a bit.
A lot of changes on the rankings now .

11 now 8 ataraXIa
-
39 now 45 The Net Theorists
42 now 31 ZCC
43 now 37 The Merry Orangutans
-
60 now 46 KryptoKnights
-
76 now 100 GG CC
77 now 78 FHK
-
89 now 66 Ashgrove Astronauts
96 now 55 Plymouth Pirates
-
121 now 110 Charminster CC
-
135 now 161 Moooo
138 now 90 AtaraX Wellington
-
153 now 143 Winton CC
-
195 now 203 Chips Mwitu

Most jumping and improving a lot , biggest changes is AtaraX Wellington with a positive growth of 48 places and .Plymouth Pirates with a growth of 41 . Also the biggest decline is GG CC with 34 lost places . This translates into Group B the most as all the biggest movers or losers is in that group. Also ZCC is now the highest seed in that group with all places on seeding changing except my own and Winton , with Winton being the only one in that group now outside the top 100 . This is making my excitement go through the roof as it should translate to some very good matches , hoping it gets fixed soon .

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Aslo im looking for some Friendly dev games , just 2 or 3 . I need to work out a couple of things . Anyone willing to help ?

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aslo im looking for some Friendly dev games , just 2 or 3 . I need to work out a couple of things . Anyone willing to help ?
Send me a challenge (TMOs)... hopefully give you a challenge.

I will probably be sending out a few over the off week myself, for similar reasons.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Send me a challenge (TMOs)... hopefully give you a challenge.

I will probably be sending out a few over the off week myself, for similar reasons.
Thank you Bud. That helps me a lot , I've sent three challenges . Your also welcome to send me challenges for the same reason on other formats . I am more settled in those formats for the next season at least .

StephenZA

Thank you Bud. That helps me a lot , I've sent three challenges . Your also welcome to send me challenges for the same reason on other formats . I am more settled in those formats for the next season at least .
Did not realise it was development... If you looking for a challenge in Dev, then TNT is you better option. I`ve accepted the requests anyway for TMOs!

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Did not realise it was development... If you looking for a challenge in Dev, then TNT is you better option. I`ve accepted the requests anyway for TMOs!
Thank you , all good . Please if you dont mind just set the toss to fielding first . My main focus is sorting out my batting . So the strength of the game doesn't have to much of an issue .

StephenZA

ZCC and FHK both available for friendlies
Both my teams always happy for challenges too btw
Will be sending Challenges in SOD and T20 during the off week. Probably send out over the weekend sometime.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently keeping cool under pressure means conceding a boundary, first ball, on your way to shipping 64 runs off 5 overs. To be fair he is a youth bowler so...