• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a huge shame, was looking forward to watching how he went about it the most of the England bats.

Molehill

International Captain
That’s the Bairstow/Pope/Foakes debate settled then. Not great for our prospects though
Sad news for Brook, not sure what's happened but for him to be out of the entire 5 Test Tour it must be serious.

But yes, it seemingly resolves a selection headache and does ensure the number 1 keeper plays.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Feels like a typical beginning to a tour of India or Australia where nice things do not happen. Best wishes to Harry. It's a blow. I had far more confidence in him than I do in Pope. I reckon Foakes wasn't going to play if this didn't happen.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah we could be in for some... interesting times watching Ollie Pope trying to take on Ashwin on these pitches.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Wonder if they will call up another player as a replacement . Plenty of players already there on the Lions tour.

Gob

International Coach
Sad news for Brook, not sure what's happened but for him to be out of the entire 5 Test Tour it must be serious.

But yes, it seemingly resolves a selection headache and does ensure the number 1 keeper plays.
Was thinking the same. Unfortunate

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That’s the Bairstow/Pope/Foakes debate settled then. Not great for our prospects though
Yeah, the top 7 seems an easy call now. Plus Leach, Anderson and Robinson presumably. And one other quick or Ahmed depending on the pitch, I suppose.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Indeed on both fronts.

Looking at the side that lost the third test in 2017.

The only changes are
Sibley for Duckett
Archer for Ahmed
Broad for Robinson/Wood

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed on both fronts.

Looking at the side that lost the third test in 2017.

The only changes are
Sibley for Duckett
Archer for Ahmed
Broad for Robinson/Wood
TBF, baz mccullum didn't make england good by bringing a ton of new players in, he just seemingly got more out of the guys who he actually had. I wouldn't be TOO worried about the lack of changes. Bairstow is in much better red ball form, crawley is performing better and duckett looks like a huge improvement on either burns or sibley, while pope is in a new role that should mean he's seen a few balls from the seamer's before the spinner's come on.