• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in New Zealand

thierry henry

International Coach
This has been exceptionally bad but I guess it could hardly matter less. I guess people paid to come watch and so forth.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I guess we're trying out Seifert again with the idea that we want to take a real keeper to the T20 world cup, rather than getting Conway to do it again. Aside from being unconvincing, also don't see a spot for Seifert in the top 4 as those spots are taken - he might be more close to passable at 6 or 7. Or try Fletcher or even Hay.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I guess we're trying out Seifert again with the idea that we want to take a real keeper to the T20 world cup, rather than getting Conway to do it again. Aside from being unconvincing, also don't see a spot for Seifert in the top 4 as those spots are taken - he might be more close to passable at 6 or 7. Or try Fletcher or even Hay.
Blundell? Got 71 off 39 in his only Super Smash game this season.

Flem274*

123/5
Fletcher would be a decent option IMO.
Yeah I want us to pick a keeper who can catch and run quick singles or bosh at 7. I hate Conway keeping and Seifert isn't the greatest Groveland or top order bat.

Also annoyed at Young. I think he's a poor man's KW but hits a longer ball, which is perfect for #3 in a format I don't want to waste KW in. He needs to score some runs against proper sides.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf happened to chapman? Had that insane series in the UAE vs Pakistan and has fallen off a cliff since. Also suprised more people haven't been discussing the change in batting order, honestly. Phillips has been batting 4 for ages and doing very well there. Even if it worked, moving him back down the order and mitchell to 4 seems an odd call.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If we're in the market for a real keeper, why are we looking at Seifert?

Blundell is the guy.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf happened to chapman? Had that insane series in the UAE vs Pakistan and has fallen off a cliff since. Also suprised more people haven't been discussing the change in batting order, honestly. Phillips has been batting 4 for ages and doing very well there. Even if it worked, moving him back down the order and mitchell to 4 seems an odd call.
I rate Chapman but he's going to have a very hard road in this side. He bats 6 with Mitchell and Phillips in the side - really hard to get any level of form or to feel like you belong when you bat there and don't bowl. Then he's a fringe player in the ODI side who don't play that much, and similarly he bats 6-7 and doesn't bowl. That's so tough

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
On Seifert, I don't think I've rated any player less - given a decent run of selection - in the 35 years I've followed NZ cricket. Below average keeper, and just really a blacksmith with the bat - all muscle, no finesse. Needs to be right on and have the right conditions to score runs, and often doesn't

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On Seifert, I don't think I've rated any player less - given a decent run of selection - in the 35 years I've followed NZ cricket. Below average keeper, and just really a blacksmith with the bat - all muscle, no finesse. Needs to be right on and have the right conditions to score runs, and often doesn't
I have him on a similar sort of level to Chris Nevin, who was on the receiving end of a bit of my teenage grumpiness - dropping what I perceived to be a disproportionate number of straightforward chances, and also frequently getting himself out with the bat. But I'm not sure how fair that is.