• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Athlai

Not Terrible
I could stand to have 1 or 2 more of these stupid show matches a year. Maybe a ladies Black Clash and just one with random celebrities. Leigh Hart actually playing sounds pretty funny

jcas0167

International Debutant
Leon MacDonald is in ripping nick for a 46 year old and runs in bloody hard
MacDonald was a good age-group player - same vintage as Oram and the Marshalls. I think he played Hawke Cup for Marlborough after he retired from rugby too.

Oram is still one of my favourite players to watch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oram would've been an absolute killer in T20 if his career was starting now. Would've made big bank at the IPL. Difficult to hit bowler and hits a loooooong ball

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
MacDonald was a good age-group player - same vintage as Oram and the Marshalls. I think he played Hawke Cup for Marlborough after he retired from rugby too.

Yep, from memory he made the NZ U17 tournament team?

I love seeing who's still in good physical nick and who isn't, who's competitive, who can still hit dingers etc

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone tell Anton or Duco that no-one is keen on watching him play. I don't say that to be a dick, but surely there's better draw cards

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Pretty sure he played Hawke Cup as a 16 year old