• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
First post in this thread. I know Smith is batting out of position and maybe it's too early but I'd seriously be concerned about his form atm. He's always feasted on WI but failed yet again.....
He's in decline , age has caught up to him ..
It happened to Ponting as well he had an average similar to Smith at 100 Tests and then just tailed off a bit, still good enough to make this Australian test team but I think the days of him being a run machine are over.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Would be great to have the colourful experts on Cricket Web doing the commentary rather than the umpteen professional commentators - mainly former international payers - that they can’t abide. There should be an option to get no commentary at all, just the on-field and crowd noise. That’d suit the curmudgeons no doubt. The option is definitely needed in NZ with Scotty Stevenson doing his worst.

ataraxia

International Coach
Would be great to have the colourful experts on Cricket Web doing the commentary rather than the umpteen professional commentators - mainly former international payers - that they can’t abide. There should be an option to get no commentary at all, just the on-field and crowd noise. That’d suit the curmudgeons no doubt. The option is definitely needed in NZ with Scotty Stevenson doing his worst.
Are you trying to disparage CWers who dislike commentators and the commentators themselves at the same time?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
They can’t plug ads during the match if they remove commentary

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully those last two wickets teach Cummins a lesson.

Nah who am I kidding, it won’t.

still, the tail wagged pretty hard here. 95 is a big lead.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hopefully those last two wickets teach Cummins a lesson.

Nah who am I kidding, it won’t.

still, the tail wagged pretty hard here. 95 is a big lead.
To be fair they had a brand new rock. It didn't look especially challenging at all with the 70-80 over old ball.