• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

ChudLubber

Cricket Spectator
Brendon Julian is so bad. His call of the Smith wicket was terrible, he seemed to not really know what was going on for five seconds then massively overcompensated.

This is why I think Howard is underrated. An actual professional commentator has a natural grasp of the moment.
Mark Howard offers nothing but cheerleading for Aussie players.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't understand how Head keeps doing this - playing innings like this where hardly anyone else can get a score of note - but it is very funny and very welcome

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah they've lost it here. Are they trying to get him caught at deep square leg? That boundary is so short he'd have to seriously mis-hit it to do that.

Chubb

International Regular
This may be a moronic opinion but I predict that Head will ton up and Windies will be five or six down at the close and 20-30 runs behind. Happy if I’m proven wrong.
1/3 of the way there.

Also the commentators have said some variation of “this is the crucial period” every 10 minutes or so for the last 3 hours

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol overreached himself there.

This is seriously dumb bowling. I know WI are a poor (financially) team, but surely they have someone who's seen Head bat and articles etc talking about his weaknesses. You don't need super analysis.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol overreached himself there.

This is seriously dumb bowling. I know WI are a poor (financially) team, but surely they have someone who's seen Head bat and articles etc talking about his weaknesses. You don't need super analysis.
They actually started with some decent plans (no third man, but this is a slower pitch so I can see their logic). But then he got to about 30 and they just... forgot about them all.

Qlder

International Debutant
WI bowling coach is Shaun Tait, so he should know Head pretty well

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who was talking last night about Head’s record in his last 9 tests as if he should be under some pressure? Lel.

Slifer

International Captain
First post in this thread. I know Smith is batting out of position and maybe it's too early but I'd seriously be concerned about his form atm. He's always feasted on WI but failed yet again.....