• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Socerer 01

International Captain
gotta love the beeb, apparently it's A Joseph but only Joseph when it comes to Shamar Joseph - go figure!

I mean the daftest is when only one Bravo say was playing and they distinguish, even though the players are listed at the bottom of their scorecards, but two with same surname in one game they leave it like this...

Who is Tangerine Chanderpaul?!?!? Son of Shiv?
no one relevant as that would be Tagenarine Chanderpaul

how tf do you manage to **** up someone’s name in a post complaining over surnames:ph34r:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
no one relevant as that would be Tagenarine Chanderpaul

how tf do you manage to **** up someone’s name in a post complaining over surnames:ph34r:
Also, the commentators are so out of the loop with cricketers from other countries. The ignorance coming from some of the commentators last night was embarrassing.

****ing Isa Guha even stated that Steve Smith was the greatest ever Aussie cricketer. What's the IQ of the audience that they think they are talking to? Brian Lara doesn't even know some of our players...which is laughable.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, the commentators are so out of the loop with cricketers from other countries. The ignorance coming from some of the commentators last night was embarrassing.

****ing Isa Guha even stated that Steve Smith was the greatest ever Aussie cricketer. What's the IQ of the audience that they think they are talking to? Brian Lara doesn't even know some of our players...which is laughable.
TJB?

mackembhoy

International Regular
Shamar's wicket of Smith, I got goosebumps by the buildup on this commentary...

Amazing story just reading about it.

To my shame only just realised Guyana is located in continental South America, so was somewhat confused reading his village was 2 days via boat(which makes a lot more sense now)

I was aware of some of the great West Indian players being Guyanese but this knowledge slipped my mind. Interestingly found Atherton's son, Josh De Caires, great granddad on his mothers side played for the Windies.

Frank de Caires Profile - Cricket Player West Indies | Stats, Records, Video (espncricinfo.com)
Frank De Caires - Wikipedia

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!

To my shame only just realised Guyana is located in continental South America, so was somewhat confused reading his village was 2 days via boat(which makes a lot more sense now)

I was aware of some of the great West Indian players being Guyanese but this knowledge slipped my mind. Interestingly found Atherton's son, Josh De Caires, great granddad on his mothers side played for the Windies.

Frank de Caires Profile - Cricket Player West Indies | Stats, Records, Video (espncricinfo.com)
Yep, mainland South America but culturally we are West Indians.

Chubb

International Regular

Atherton's written some articles about Guyana and his wife's family in the past. His father-in-law was very prominent in Georgetown society.

Couldn't find the original article - I read it somewhere - but a blog posted a copy of it: https://randallbutisingh.wordpress.com/2009/04/01/guyana-green-and-troubled-land/

Spark

Global Moderator
The bounce feels kind of inconsistent here. That one took off after the one earlier in the over didn't even get to the keeper on the full