• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Only one team has ever won in Adelaide after winning the toss and bowling first, that was the mighty 1982 West Indies

(10 tests, 8 lost, 1 draw, 1 win)
Might be the reason they chose to bowl, to give themselves a challenge.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do the overhead conditions look that grim over there? Bit surprised Aus didn't back themselves to bat first and post a big score.

Burgey

Obviously love Lara but I don't rate him as a West Indian commentator because he doesn't know very much at all or follow domestic cricket these days. He won't be able to give very deep analysis on anything other than what is directly in front of him.
He'll fit right in on Fox then lol

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
He'll fit right in on Fox then lol
Yes I've been readying myself for non stop cliches accompanied by zero research on players. They didn't know anything about us last year so there is no way they will no anything at all about this group.

Spark

Global Moderator
Do the overhead conditions look that grim over there? Bit surprised Aus didn't back themselves to bat first and post a big score.
It's definitely on the English side as far as conditions go right now. It should burn off a bit in the afternoon but yeah the typical face-melting heat won't return here until the weekend.

TheJediBrah

Probably hoping to knock the WI over twice cheaply and bat for as little as they can to get out of Adelaide in 2 days if possible. 3 at a stretch

Last edited:

Burgey

I'm really not getting bowl first vibes from this deck. Another turgid **** heap produced by an Aussie curator. Ball bouncing twice to Carey in the second over of the match, bowled by a 6 feet 7 inch Goliath is such a crap sign. No one consistently produces good decks in this country any more. The extra grass left on for day night matches in no way resembles this pitch.

Burgey

Is that Brett Lee of all people talking about the need to bowl a consistent length on a pitch like this?

Qlder

International Debutant
Why would you bowl first. Scores when Australia batted first in Adelaide in last 10 years

511/7d
473/9d
589/3d
422/8d
517/7d
570/9d
604/7d