• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Mayers and King?
Mayers is a huge miss imo, especially witu holder out. Was actually pretty threatening with the ball last time they toured here in red ball. Issue is they try to bat him at #6 when he's not got the ability to do that.

Gob

International Coach
Yeah WI will miss their big players. Its not easy to fill the void left by rahkeem cornwall in the line up

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Hmm has Hope turned down the gig or not been picked? I do agree on Mayers,but then again they never used him as a number 7/8 who could bat.
Hope turned it down because he wants to have a season of red ball cricket before returning.

I think it may be worth exploring him as wk/bat if Josh doesn't improve.

The big miss is Brandon King IMHO. He's a far far better red ball player than white ball.

Mayers with the ball yes but in many ways I feel his batting sucked so much that it was ruining the middle order.

Pooran is so damn talented that he would do well at tests, I'm convinced.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not gonna lie, from a series-interest pov Smith going to opener is probably what’s made the lead up. Not a shot at the Windies players, but they’re obviously massive under dogs

SillyCowCorner1

We were massive underdogs even before the squad was announced. We are colossal underdogs at the moment. In a few hours time, we'll be super-super massive underdogs.

Qlder

International Debutant
West Indies being written off as no competition but it could be worse, at least they're above England on the WTC Table 😉

I'm always happy to watch WI and hope they do well

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Geez Smith could be batting in 40 minutes and Copeland is asking him questions and showing a graphic of all the balls that got him out in Pak series...way to seed some doubt lol

Burgey

Great to see Lara here. What a player. A few years ago for some random reason he turned up at Old Kings and played in an intra-club LO match. I think he knew one of the blokes who ran a travel business or something.

The look on the faces of the blokes when he turned up was insane. The young bloke who was batting when Lara walked out to have a hit was hilarious. Nervous little fist bump and telling Lara what the bowler was doing etc. Kid got to have a partnership with him on in the middle. What a day it was.

****ing gold. Incredible cricketer, great bloke.

TheJediBrah

Great to see Lara here. What a player. A few years ago for some random reason he turned up at Old Kings and played in an intra-club LO match. I think he knew one of the blokes who ran a travel business or something.

The look on the faces of the blokes when he turned up was insane. The young bloke who was batting when Lara walked out to have a hit was hilarious. Nervous little fist bump and telling Lara what the bowler was doing etc. Kid got to have a partnership with him on in the middle. What a day it was.

He got out to a girl bowler once

Qlder

International Debutant
Only one team has ever won in Adelaide after winning the toss and bowling first, that was the mighty 1982 West Indies

(9 tests, 7 lost, 1 draw, 1 win)

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

Obviously love Lara but I don't rate him as a West Indian commentator because he doesn't know very much at all or follow domestic cricket these days. He won't be able to give very deep analysis on anything other than what is directly in front of him.