• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does anyone important roll out the "subcontinent pitch doctoring" lines any more? Sounds like it's become more of an online thing and players don't really care that much about it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does anyone important roll out the "subcontinent pitch doctoring" lines any more? Sounds like it's become more of an online thing and players don't really care that much about it.
They may say they don't but going by Rohit's presser they clearly care

I don't think it needs to come from anyone important - lots of media carry the doctoring angle and that plus social media chatter carries weight.

Yeoman

U19 Captain
The pitch for the third test on England’s last tour was truely terrible, as bad as the recent one in Cape Town. Root took 5-8 and the match finished in about 1.5 days of regular playing time. The other pitches on that tour took a good deal of spin but one must expect different conditions in different parts of the world and I don’t think that they were unfair.

Molehill

International Captain
The pitch for the third test on England’s last tour was truely terrible, as bad as the recent one in Cape Town. Root took 5-8 and the match finished in about 1.5 days of regular playing time. The other pitches on that tour took a good deal of spin but one must expect different conditions in different parts of the world and I don’t think that they were unfair.
There was some weird **** going on with the pink ball in that too. England played 3 seamers thinking the day/night aspect would suit - It didn't. India didn't bowl a single over of seam in the second innings and the Axar darts took 11-70 in the match!! That game was just a farce and not a good advert for Test Cricket.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was some weird **** going on with the pink ball in that too. England played 3 seamers thinking the day/night aspect would suit - It didn't. India didn't bowl a single over of seam in the second innings and the Axar darts took 11-70 in the match!! That game was just a farce and not a good advert for Test Cricket.
Maybe don't read the pitch wrong next time.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I see Talksport have got the commentary rights ahead of TMS. That will reduce the numbers listening in by a significant amount I'd imagine. It's so much fun hearing a bit of commentary squeezed in amongst gambling ads.....and truly terrible commentators too (FFS McKenna again).

BBC Sounds announced it's top listened to shows during the year, the Top 24 were TMS Ashes related.
I hate Talksport's cricket coverage- it's so poor, I probably won't bother listening.

Andrew McKenna, Harmison, Gough 😢

Reactions: FBU

Molehill

International Captain
Maybe don't read the pitch wrong next time.
I don't think anyone quite knew what was going to happen, not sure anyone expected that either.

No pitch whining from me anyway, I always think you're entitled to do what you want in your own country. Although if it turns into a farce that suits no one (flat roads or all over inside 2 days) then it's probably not good for cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean like Chris Broad, the match referee who applies very clear double standards? If this pitch was not dangerous, then I wonder what is.

Owzat

U19 Captain
not sure in my following of England in India they ever latch on to sensible tactics and selections, seam to always be more quicks in the squad than likely to be used, plethora of spinners but horses for courses only really works if they're any good and batsmen without the ability or temperament to play spin - and sometimes just brainless, think they can just apply one approach eg play from crease, sweep everything or go down the track to everything.....

Molehill

International Captain
not sure in my following of England in India they ever latch on to sensible tactics and selections, seam to always be more quicks in the squad than likely to be used, plethora of spinners but horses for courses only really works if they're any good and batsmen without the ability or temperament to play spin - and sometimes just brainless, think they can just apply one approach eg play from crease, sweep everything or go down the track to everything.....
And of course this time they've managed to not select the best spinner in the CC before they even head out there. It probably won't make any difference, but I can't help thinking Dawson would've been a handy all rounder.