• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't see much point in giving Hamza a go with a 73 over old ball. May as well keep him fresh for the new one. See if Saud can twirl a few left armers down or something.

Starfighter

I don't see much point in giving Hamza a go with a 73 over old ball. May as well keep him fresh for the new one. See if Saud can twirl a few left armers down or something.
Brilliantly done from me. I suppose you could just bowl a wide half volley as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He hasn't bowled badly, but Hasan has simply not being threatening because he's not fast enough for this pitch. That's why Wasim might have been a good pick, though having him and Jamal risks having two sprayguns and means an awkward question of going without Sajid (but Sajid doesn't seem to be any better than Salman anyway). Mid 120s just isn't fast enough.
Sajid is playing because of the #SCGSoSpinny folly. Should have just gone with Wasim in for him and let Salman bowl longer spells if necessary.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
In the last year or so Smith in ALL forms of the game from 25-50 just throws his wicket away and then has that incredulous look on his face like he's been hard done by & a great injustice has been heaped on him.

He seems to be unable to play a long innings anymore.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Steve Pork-Chop doing the tea pot, blaming the pitch for his own stupid shot. (Plus that little ball of tape on the sight screen was still playing on his mind.)

Starfighter

Trying to blame the pitch, and his bat

No mate it's your fried ****ing brain
It's this sort of thing why I don't see him having a late career recovery like Kohli is having right now. He's lost both the ability to hit gaps and choose from multiple shots from one ball, and his shot selection and mental approach to scoring is gone, so he can't build an innings anymore.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why else would you sledge if it isn’t a strategy? It’s been that way forever and at every level. You don’t go out there and do it to pass the time. Kind of odd to think it’s done for any other reason tbh

Otherwise it's not "sledging", it's just being a dickhead.
Coz there are players who can lose their temper in the heat of the battle and sledge. And the strategy part is about how they plan who needs to sledge etc. There are many players who do it on the field as a tactic they thought of at that point. Also, it shows how intentional the personal abuse has been which is what Aussies usually have gone for, in the name of sledging.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's been used as a containing bowler on roads in his short Test career so far so his poor average there is easy enough to explain, but I don't know how he averages 40 without a single five-for in Pakistan domestic cricket.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ouch. That's a corker.

I am not confident about two hitters being the new men at the crease, especially with the new ball near by. Given how easily people like Rizwan and Jamal were scoring, can't help but feel Australia wasted a lot of overs there.