• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the other hand, Sydney is always played at a time of year when a lot of people are away
Yeah, I've had a pain in the ass convincing friends to go to the cricket as those that are fans are often travelling. It's why I kind of prefer it at a different time of year (ideally a D/Ner as work can be a massive **** at the end of the calendar year as it might be easier to get mates to come. But as social said, good luck giving up those crowds unless there's a number of full day washouts (where I think they have to refund ticket sales.)

Qlder

International Debutant
Possibility for rain in the morning tomorrow, otherwise should be good to go unless light plays silly buggers.
Probably light will be too dark after lunch, apparently Sydney only has good light in the morning during the middle of summer 😆

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Was it ever a secret though? They have done and continue to do it quite openly...it's true that some of their "master sledgers" have shown themselves to be very thin-skinned when their opponents responded in kind...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why else would you sledge if it isn’t a strategy? It’s been that way forever and at every level. You don’t go out there and do it to pass the time. Kind of odd to think it’s done for any other reason tbh
Yeah I didn't think it was meant to be a secret, open or not. Blokes sledge to throw off other players and gain a competitive advantage. Otherwise it's not "sledging", it's just being a dickhead.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Why else would you sledge if it isn’t a strategy? It’s been that way forever and at every level. You don’t go out there and do it to pass the time. Kind of odd to think it’s done for any other reason tbh
I don't think Marnus is thinking about strategy. He's just a motormouth on and off the field.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

The most open secret ever that the Aussies used to sledge as a strategy, which is probably why they always ran with their tails between their legs when someone sledged back, from the S Waugh days..
Every team does it now though. I don't think any player thinks too much about it either.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I didn't think it was meant to be a secret, open or not. Blokes sledge to throw off other players and gain a competitive advantage. Otherwise it's not "sledging", it's just being a dickhead.
Might be the case at the professional level but the dickhead factor is the primary motivation just about everywhere else

TheJediBrah

Ignore the Australia-phobic racists my man

TheJediBrah

One thing about Labuschagne and Smith is that at their best they're free-scoring but when they're out of form instead of playing the same and getting out they just go into their shell and bat time looking like ****

I guess it's a good thing?