• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So that's the 8th time in 9 years we've had a significant rain/light delay.

Hopefully the next three days are sunny, but tomorrow's forecast worries me.

Qlder

International Debutant
So Warner has played 112 Tests but only 31 other First Class games...how times have changed

Then I looked at Pat Cummins who's played only 14 FC games outside Tests

TheJediBrah

I was thinking more recent, Hayden played 103 Tests but still played 192 other FC games
How many of those were during his Test career though. Hayden would have played full time domestic cricket for at least 10 years total while out of the team, as well as a lot of county cricket probably. While he was actually in the Aus side I doubt Hayden played that many other FC games.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I played with & against many test players back in the day and it wasn’t uncommon for them to play grade let alone state stuff

Need to remember that there was no BBL or bowling loads plus many state games were played during the week

In 83/84 (yes, I am old), grade started in September, Shield in last week of October and Tests in November/December

Sydney was generally the last test and it was always around this time of the year

Played one of my first games in 1sts against Doug Walters when he was still a test player and it definitely wasn’t the first game of the season

Qlder

International Debutant
No wonder there's only been 3 results at Sydney in last 9 years. How can it be too dark to play at 1:30pm real time (forget fake daylight savings time)

Victor Ian

International Coach
Daylight savings is a great idea. You take the daylight from the morning and save it for the evening so you can go to the beach or play sports after work. The only people who can take issue with it are those who have cows and that is their own fault for not educating their cows.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I mean marnus has played 100 fc games and 40 odd test's, usman has 130 fc games and 70 odd test's. There's plenty of guys who are on the other end of the cummins-warner spectrum.

Victor Ian

International Coach
also, there was a time that every tour came with tour games between the tests that wee first class games, so it was very difficult to not have more first class games than tests. Now you are lucky to have 1 first class game before test series and that is only played by the fringe guys. Modern players are weak ****s.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
also, there was a time that every tour came with tour games between the tests that wee first class games, so it was very difficult to not have more first class games than tests. Now you are lucky to have 1 first class game before test series and that is only played by the fringe guys. Modern players are weak ****s.
Yeah exactly! Back in the golden days players where HARD. You need to use the bathroom mid game? Too bad. None of this matt renshaw "ohh I need to poop mid game" nonsense. You hold that Mondo duke until you cant anymore. Once that brown, steamy load starts running down your white Pant leg like a **** geyzer, a beautiful yin yang of white and brown, you store the opposition fielders down, everyone fully aware of the war crime you just committed, but noene willing to break the silence.

The opposition players where hard aswell. No edges falling short back in those days. They'd stand right up your **** stained ass and turn there rock hard nips into a second pair of hands to catch that ball. No helmets either, back on the day you let those hard balls hit you right in the peck and fully enjoyed how hard your nips got after.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s down to the administration/player management

No money in tour games so they don’t play them anymore

No money in local fc games so they don’t want to risk stars playing in them

Daemon

Yeah exactly! Back in the golden days players where HARD. You need to use the bathroom mid game? Too bad. None of this matt renshaw "ohh I need to poop mid game" nonsense. You hold that Mondo duke until you cant anymore. Once that brown, steamy load starts running down your white Pant leg like a **** geyzer, a beautiful yin yang of white and brown, you store the opposition fielders down, everyone fully aware of the war crime you just committed, but noene willing to break the silence.

The opposition players where hard aswell. No edges falling short back in those days. They'd stand right up your **** stained ass and turn there rock hard nips into a second pair of hands to catch that ball. No helmets either, back on the day you let those hard balls hit you right in the peck and fully enjoyed how hard your nips got after.
bro