• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd be willing to consider Harris again if he spent two seasons consistently making runs away from the Junction Oval. It really is a sorry tale when you break his record down.
Yeah there’s an article on crapinfo that breaks it down

Basically scored a mountain of runs at Junction Oval, pass mark against trundlers in CC and sweet fa anywhere else

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Way to "definitely" retire..

David Warner off crapinfo said:
"I'm definitely retiring from one-day cricket as well," he said at the SCG on Monday. "That was something that I had said through the World Cup, get through that, and winning it in India, I think that's a massive achievement.

"So I'll make that decision today, to retire from those forms, which does allow me to go and play some other leagues around the world and sort of get the one-day team moving forward a little bit. I know there's a Champions Trophy coming up. If I'm playing decent cricket in two years' time and I'm around and they need someone, I'm going to be available."

Jarquis

Obviously sandpaper overshadows it, but he did manage two 50's and averaged around 37 in three Tests. That's not too bad for your first series away from home IMO given the quality of the South African bowling.
Wasn't he the leading run scorer in the series at that point?

I hope you go for Harris as he's comfortably the worst of the three IMO

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I think we'll be right without him if that's the case tbh. We're not desperate like England, that's not going to fly
I almost think he said it as a way to wind up the many people who he surely must know would be infuriated by the suggestion

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I almost think he said it as a way to wind up the many people who he surely must know would be infuriated by the suggestion
That would be hilarious and I would respect him for it but I really doubt it

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Anyone else like me who would love it if Warner got out in the first over, of both innings :ph34r:

I don't hate Warner, just blame selectors for not doing their job years ago

Gob

International Coach
Anyone else like me who would love it if Warner got out in the first over, of both innings :ph34r:

I don't hate Warner, just blame selectors for not doing their job years ago
Yeah I suppose they should have binned Warner and gone with Harris

social

Tend to agree with the subtext here but in hindsight keeping Warner for overseas tours, specifically India, when they dropped Head was pretty dumb.
No hindsight was required as anyone familiar with his record knew that he was likely to fail

Warner has been carried for 3+ years and it’s hardly a secret