• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Shady Slim

International Coach
It's a little annoying how here at CW we don't like commenting when the game is close for fear of jinx, as much as gambhiring is a force for good. This has to be the closest match in Australia – Sydney rain draws aside, that awful city – since that tour.
yeah pakistan have been more competitive this tour than any non india team going back to when philander took hobart off the FTP in 2015 or 2016 when sa came out and knocked us. great fun and pleasant surprise!

Gob

International Coach
Also the difficulty in batting depends more on the cloud cover than its on the surface it seems

kyear2

International Coach
Yes, I'm behind.

But that catch from Smith was neither just competent nor regulation.

Match is finely poised.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Batsmen gotta play the shots they are confident of. Cant be sitting ducks here.

Pak obviously in with a good chance, but history tells us its 90% more likely that they will collapse at some point. :(

Spark

Global Moderator
It's a little annoying how here at CW we don't like commenting when the game is close for fear of jinx, as much as gambhiring is a force for good. This has to be the closest match in Australia – Sydney rain draws aside, that awful city – since that tour.
I apparently am alone on this hill these days but I still think Gambhiring really makes threads a slog to read at times

kyear2

International Coach
Batsmen gotta play the shots they are confident of. Cant be sitting ducks here.

Pak obviously in with a good chance, but history tells us its 90% more likely that they will collapse at some point. :(
Yeah, have to be proactive, eventually you will get a good one regardless.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I apparently am alone on this hill these days but I still think Gambhiring really makes threads a slog to read at times
You were literally gambhiring in the early stages of the world cup saying australia were mentally cooked and had no shot of doing anything just because they lost two games to strong teams. Shameless lack of self awareness imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think Cummins fanboing even here at CW has almost reached Sachin levels and there is massive exaggeration of his good traits and lack of acknowledgement when he is being genuinely poor. I also felt he came across rather dickish in a number of interviews this year, esp. since the WTC time frame.

That being said, he has been a lot more like the old Cummins during this tour from whatever I have seen in press interactions etc. and I think he did go through some personal stuff this year which may have led to him being a bit more of a dick/**** in certain statements during interviews etc. He still remains an amazing cricketer, excellent test match bowler, very good one day bowler, passable T20 seamer as long as he does not bowl at the death, good hitter in LO cricket and decent #9 and a passable #8 in tests, good reliable fielder and a sensible captain and an inspiring leader. He also seems like a guy who cares about doing the right thing to the society at large. Really not sure why he should get any hatred. He is a credit to the game and a credit to Australia. He would be venerated if he was in the SC, esp. India.
Cummins fanboying - and his terseness in the media through the middle of the year especially, which he's admitted he got a bit sharp and a bit more combative in the press than usual - from Aus fans here can't be separated from the fact that the man was subject to a full-court, over-the-top and multiplatform personal assault on him for like the entire first half of the year. It got to the point where Sky News was running nightly hit segments where they'd get some random on just to slag him off. The fact that all the people involved in this campaign can only be collectively described as the worst, most despicable people in the country can't help but engender sympathy for him when he literally didn't do anything wrong other than mess up some tactics during the Ashes (he gets a pass for India because, as he's admitted, his head clearly wasn't in the game at the time what with his family situation).

It would be like if Kohli tweeted about, I don't know, reducing child poverty or something, it was interpreted as the attack on the government and then you had most of the country's media attacking him personally on a nightly basis because of it. It would look utterly bizarre to any outsider.