• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Cummins fanboing even here at CW has almost reached Sachin levels and there is massive exaggeration of his good traits and lack of acknowledgement when he is being genuinely poor. I also felt he came across rather dickish in a number of interviews this year, esp. since the WTC time frame.

That being said, he has been a lot more like the old Cummins during this tour from whatever I have seen in press interactions etc. and I think he did go through some personal stuff this year which may have led to him being a bit more of a dick/**** in certain statements during interviews etc. He still remains an amazing cricketer, excellent test match bowler, very good one day bowler, passable T20 seamer as long as he does not bowl at the death, good hitter in LO cricket and decent #9 and a passable #8 in tests, good reliable fielder and a sensible captain and an inspiring leader. He also seems like a guy who cares about doing the right thing to the society at large. Really not sure why he should get any hatred. He is a credit to the game and a credit to Australia. He would be venerated if he was in the SC, esp. India.

DriveClub

International Regular
Session 3 could be make or break, most probably aus will run through rest of the batting. Need a big one from Babar or Rizwan to keep pak in it

Socerer 01

International Captain
I think Cummins fanboing even here at CW has almost reached Sachin levels and there is massive exaggeration of his good traits and lack of acknowledgement when he is being genuinely poor. I also felt he came across rather dickish in a number of interviews this year, esp. since the WTC time frame.

That being said, he has been a lot more like the old Cummins during this tour from whatever I have seen in press interactions etc. and I think he did go through some personal stuff this year which may have led to him being a bit more of a dick/**** in certain statements during interviews etc. He still remains an amazing cricketer, excellent test match bowler, very good one day bowler, passable T20 seamer as long as he does not bowl at the death, good hitter in LO cricket and decent #9 and a passable #8 in tests, good reliable fielder and a sensible captain and an inspiring leader. He also seems like a guy who cares about doing the right thing to the society at large. Really not sure why he should get any hatred. He is a credit to the game and a credit to Australia. He would be venerated if he was in the SC, esp. India.
when was he a dick :blink:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
when was he a dick :blink:
I dont think he was a dick as such, I should reword that. He gave some dickish/****ish answers in a number of pressers this year, initially in India a couple of times and then in England during the WTC and Ashes and then during the WC as well. Its really only slight worse than standard Aussie arrogant answers at times but I definitely felt it was oddly unnatural to how he generally goes in pressers.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe Pat Cummins is like Homelander. We all think he's perfect but away from the limelight turns on his diesel powered bulldozer and runs over kittens before ending the day with a **** to a video of the ice caps melting.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I dont think he was a dick as such, I should reword that. He gave some dickish/****ish answers in a number of pressers this year, initially in India a couple of times and then in England during the WTC and Ashes and then during the WC as well. Its really only slight worse than standard Aussie arrogant answers at times but I definitely felt it was oddly unnatural to how he generally goes in pressers.
only things that i remember was that “ok” when he was asked about England being upset at what Carey did which was a ****ing great response and the wanting to silence the Ahmedabad crowd where he backed up the talk