• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
See the theory, but I don't back Bancroft to be able to do either of those things

Especially not the keeping part, I still remember well when he had the gloves for Australia in a JAMT20 a while back. It was not a pretty sight
Best I can do is Bancroft averaging 23 opening the batting and 3/10 keeping efforts

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Well they dropped Carey after 1 WC game so don't see the difference. Just select the best keeper/batsman in the country which is Peirson or Inglis, definitely not Carey this year
That really is just an overly simplistic way of looking at things imo, who is the best player of the three and who is in the best form out of them are two entirely different questions entirely.

You seem to me to be suggesting picking on the basis of the latter criteria, which to me really is just far too short-sighted. Such an approach would in all likelehood lead to chopping and changing back and forth through keepers regularly, which is so obvoiusly a completely unworkable situation

I am mostly taking the piss but I would actually secretly select Whiteman to do this in a world where I was a cricket dictator with no accountability.
Sad about all his finger issues really. I mean he has still been able to forge a career as a good FC opener, but I always remember being pretty impressed with his keeping every time I saw it back in the day

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is HB a time traveller or something? Probably the only person to not completely write off Pakistan yet other than the last day at Perth they've been far more competitive than any side that isn't India or South Africa in years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is HB a time traveller or something? Probably the only person to not completely write off Pakistan yet other than the last day at Perth they've been far more competitive than any side that isn't India or South Africa in years.
TBH, I just back underdogs as a rule. And, I am generally nice to most cricketers and rate a lot of them. They are all obviously doing something I was not good at, to a far better level.

PS: I know you are gambhiring btw. No need as yet IMO. :p

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This series suddenly looking watchable this morning - hope Pakistan can avoid falling in a heap and set up a good day 4-5.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, it's the Mitchell Marsh who bowls way too short. Needs to pitch it up to Masood to get his usual chop-on.