• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

kyear2

International Coach
Yeah exactly my thoughts.

When it was reviewed my father was sure it was out and I said, "Was definitely out if it went to second, but anything could have happened at first."

He's awful there.
Even the one he took showed that. He's just not a natural and hands are too hard. Two drops in one inning.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel like Australia's bowlers haven't bounced these two openers well enough. They both looked dreadful against the short stuff in the world cup.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Annoying, pitch looks to have flattened out quite a bit. Nowhere near as dangerous as it looked yesterday.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
What would you say if he wasn't a South Australian
Honestly yes. To make a change as of right now would be far too kneejerky for my liking, his batting form has been under par but I wouldn't say that is quite at major problem stage... yet.

Deserves at least the rest of the summer imo. After that however it is probably a fair conversation to have if things don't pick up for him

Yeah exactly. Play all the best bats in positions vaguely suited, let Beancoft average 33 opening and put in 7/10 keeping efforts.

Who cares if it's mean? It's Bancroft. :ph34r:

See the theory, but I don't back Bancroft to be able to do either of those things

Especially not the keeping part, I still remember well when he had the gloves for Australia in a JAMT20 a while back. It was not a pretty sight

Qlder

International Debutant
Honestly yes. To make a change as of right now would be far too kneejerky for my liking, his batting form has been under par but I wouldn't say that is quite at major problem stage... yet.

Deserves at least the rest of the summer imo. After that however it is probably a fair conversation to have if things don't pick up for him.
Well they dropped Carey after 1 WC game so don't see the difference. Just select the best keeper/batsman in the country which is Peirson or Inglis, definitely not Carey this year

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Deserves at least the rest of the summer imo. After that however it is probably a fair conversation to have if things don't pick up for him

See the theory, but I don't back Bancroft to be able to do either of those things

Especially not the keeping part, I still remember well when he had the gloves for Australia in a JAMT20 a while back. It was not a pretty sight
I am mostly taking the piss but I would actually secretly select Whiteman to do this in a world where I was a cricket dictator with no accountability.