• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Spark

Global Moderator
One can hope.

But this current pace attack is going to be seriously impenetrative at Sydney, assuming they prepare the usual concrete block.
Are they still going to experiment with different grass for the Test pitch or is the lottery reserved for the Shield?

Spark

Global Moderator
Also still a concern that Smith is missing balls like that. It might be hand eye deterioration or it might be that he's more side-on now than he was in his absolute pomp.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Crapinfo comms seem to think Hamza has been great, you guys here seem to think he should be dropped next game. Why this split?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno. They might think a flatter wicket might at least help Pakistan's batting.
The more bowler friendly the better for Pakistan. They will make a few more runs on a flatter wicket but will still probably get bowled out twice whereas Aus will rack up 4/600 dec on an Aussie road against this attack. At least a pitch with some seam movement gives them a chance at a masquerade of competitiveness

Spark

Global Moderator
The squaring combined with the fact he doesn't play his shots and hit gaps when he does anymore is rapidly denting his average.
I mean it's still 58. What it is probably denting is his longevity; I can't see him being happy to stick around for a long slow Punter-esque decline.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More pies & jaffas from Jamal. Definitely made that looked tougher than it was though.

It's still moving but can see it dying in the second dig. That said, if Australia were bowling first I think Pakistan might already be bowled out.
I mean it's still 58. What it is probably denting is his longevity; I can't see him being happy to stick around for a long slow Punter-esque decline.
So if he was to retire in 2024/25 or something, how do you rate him? Dominated for 5-6 years but didn't have a super long peak and quit before his average really tanked in contrast to Ponting (or Waugh/Border).

Spark

Global Moderator
More pies & jaffas from Jamal. Definitely made that looked tougher than it was though.

It's still moving but can see it dying in the second dig. That said, if Australia were bowling first I think Pakistan might already be bowled out.

So if he was to retire in 2024/25 or something, how do you rate him? Dominated for 5-6 years but didn't have a super long peak and quit before his average really tanked in contrast to Ponting (or Waugh/Border).
2017 India and 2019 Ashes are enough for him to surpass Ponting for me.