• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

WICFan

State 12th Man
Is Jhye Richardson fit and available?
He's been working on his run-up to the crease to try and help prevent any more hamstring issues.

Boland and Morris were named in the Australia squad for the 1st test against Pakistan, Morris has been left out for the second test.

Qlder

International Debutant
Seeing how Holder and Mayers can't be bothered because they're playing T20 league somewhere, I think Aus should rest all the IPL players (including unsold wannabe's)

1. Khawaja
2. Bancroft
3. Labuschagne
4. Renshaw
5. Handscomb
6. Hardie
7. Carey
8. Neser
9. Lyon
10. Boland
11. Morris

Finding middle order bats is hard and I think Neser is past it as a Test bowler, but Aus would still win 2-0

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So apparently Brandon King also turned down selection because he has a pre-existing contract in the Bangladesh premier league. Disappointing as I really thought he wanted to play tests. Maybe they didn't give him enough notice.

So that means Mayers, Hope, Holder and King all opted for T20 instead of tests whilst Seales is injured.

So in fairness to Haynes et all, they had a difficult job. I still maintain the McCaskie, Greaves and Hodge picks are not justifiable and if they had to reach that deeply into the talent pool they should have opted for Nyeem Young and Kevlon Anderson instead.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How did Rakheem miss selection. Might have made it a bit more watchable for entertainment value

WICFan

State 12th Man
So apparently Brandon King also turned down selection because he has a pre-existing contract in the Bangladesh premier league. Disappointing as I really thought he wanted to play tests. Maybe they didn't give him enough notice.

So that means Mayers, Hope, Holder and King all opted for T20 instead of tests whilst Seales is injured.

So in fairness to Haynes et all, they had a difficult job. I still maintain the McCaskie, Greaves and Hodge picks are not justifiable and if they had to reach that deeply into the talent pool they should have opted for Nyeem Young and Kevlon Anderson instead.
Given who was available, I would have taken Blackwood and let him his normal attacking style.

If Shamar Joseph can make the squad on the back of 5 FC games then there was room to include Kevlon Anderson who has played a couple more than him.

I would have selected Carty as well ahead of McCaskie.

KB, Tage, Athanaze, JB, Carty, Anderson, JDS, Sinclair, AlJo, Roach, S. Joseph.
McKenzie, Hamilton, Motie, Jordan.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia XI squad for the West Indies tour match:

Peter Handscomb (c), Jack Clayton, Harry Conway, Jake Doran, Jayden Goodwin, Liam Haskett, Bradley Hope, Jack Nisbet, Liam Scott, Tim Ward, Doug Warren, Teague Wyllie

Basically non-BBL players. Disappointing to not see Boland included so WI are facing someone with a bit more experience. Neil-Smith might also have been a good pick.