• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2023/24

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of slow, Khurram started off low 130s yesterday, but his second new ball spell and his spells today were both high 120s. His control deteriorated today as well. Makes me think he isn't particularly fit.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of slow, Khurram started off low 130s yesterday, but his second new ball spell and his spells today were both high 120s. His control deteriorated today as well. Makes me think he isn't particularly fit.
Yeah I noticed that too. Gonna be a long tour for him if he's tiring after 1 day.

They'll have to watch Salman's workload too, he bowls about 6 overs per innings in FC. 27 yesterday.

morgieb

Reckon Australia could've bowled worse and have 3 already. Fair effort from these two, this was not bad bowling at all and while the wicket does seem a bit flatter than it did earlier it still doesn't strike me as a road.

Burgey

I thought his main problem in the Ashes was his line tbh. When he stopped bowling on the pads so much, especially to Crawley, he still looked plenty dangerous, but his stock line seemed to drift onto middle and off stump all too often.
The two might not be unrelated and I think they’re both right. He looked like he wasn’t gathering in his delivery stride quite as upright as usual and it was causing him to slightly fall away and push the ball into the pads.

It might have been a bit of fatigue or just a bad habit he didn’t have time to work on away from the game, but for me he rectified it in that WC game vs SL when he just charged in and let rip. Everything seemed to come together for him from that point on, and from what I’ve seen of his spell so far today he’s been bang on the money and back to something close to his best

Starfighter

They'll have to watch Salman's workload too, he bowls about 6 overs per innings in FC. 27 yesterday.
27 in the innings, 21 yesterday I think. But pretty ridiculous that a part time spinner bowled 21 overs on the first day with a four man pace attack (albeit Faheem barely counts) on a wicket with some life in it. And they fell well short of the overs too.

Starfighter

The two might not be unrelated and I think they’re both right. He looked like he wasn’t gathering in his delivery stride quite as upright as usual and it was causing him to slightly fall away and push the ball into the pads.
That's exactly what I thought too. Didn't look like his delivery position was as high either.

It might have been a bit of fatigue or just a bad habit he didn’t have time to work on away from the game, but for me he rectified it in that WC game vs SL when he just charged in and let rip. Everything seemed to come together for him from that point on, and from what I’ve seen of his spell so far today he’s been bang on the money and back to something close to his best
Not sure I agree about his bowling today though. I think he's still half a yard short on pace - mostly around 135-36 rather than 138-140, and he's not making it fly like the other two. Line's better though.

Burgey

If Aus bowl the areas they did that session they’ll still roll through Pakistan cheaply. The openers batted really well to get through those 20 overs

Starfighter

If Aus bowl the areas they did that session they’ll still roll through Pakistan cheaply. The openers batted really well to get through those 20 overs
I don't see them getting much past 250 for some reason. That said I think they could have got us for about 380 had they not started each day with the accuracy of an u10s side.

morgieb

Honestly not sure what more Australia could do to get a wicket. Very strange to see outside of out and out roads when one side is bowling well.

Kraken

State Captain
I’d try a little over the wicket to Imam here if I’m gaz. Try and get a catch close on the leg side

Burgey

Do channel 7 not have the streaming rights for this? Can't find it online.
Yeah it’s still Kayo afaik, which sucks because even though Seven’s crew isn’t perfect, it’s a lot better than Fox’s imo

morgieb

Yeah it’s still Kayo afaik, which sucks because even though Seven’s crew isn’t perfect, it’s a lot better than Fox’s imo
Not while 7 has Langer or Hayden. Ponting alone isn't enough to make a commentary team decent.